Asked by Bill, Spring Valley, CA Thu Oct 11, 2012

The sale date for our house is scheduled for 10/19/2012. We are negotiating with BofA through NACA. BofA has verbally said that they are postponing the sale but have not received any paperwork. HOW CAN WE VERIFY THAT THE SALE DATE HAS BEEN POSTPONED??
(Thanks for your input.)

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Michael Alex, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Oct 11, 2012

Contact me, I can get the paperwork for you. If you cannot qualify for a loan modification or refinance. I recommend you short selling your property. Many banks are offering delinquent homeowners $2,500 to $30,000 in refund checks after the sale of a short sale. You can use that refund for a rental or save to purchase another property. In some instances many people doing short sales don't have their credit affected as much as a foreclosure and can purchase a property only 2-3 years later. Please call me to discuss what I can help you with.

Best to you,

Michael Alex
Real Estate Consultant
cell. 619.581.9348 | fax. 619.269.7263
Pacific Sotheby's International Realty
San Diego,CA
0 votes
Bart Marchio…, Agent, Mountain View, CA
Thu Oct 11, 2012
If you feel comfortable, give me your address and I can look it op online in about 30 seconds.


Bart Marchioni, Real Estate Consultant, CPFS, CSSS
Certified Pre-Foreclosure & Short Sale Specialist
0 votes
Valli Lopez, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Oct 11, 2012
You have to call the trustee and they can give you the sale date info. Be Careful, sometimes they "say" they are postponing, but it doesn't get postponed. They aren't supposed to foreclose on your while you are in any stage of negotiations with them.

I also have access to trustee sales through an attorney that can quickly verify if you don't get an exact date from the trustee.

Valli Lopez
CA DRE #01810641
619.916.9595 cell
0 votes
Jason Kardos, Agent, La Mesa, CA
Thu Oct 11, 2012
Hi Bill,
Have you received any trustee sale notices? It should have a trustee number on it and a website or 1-800 number that you can call and verify.

If you don't have that, you should call your lender and ask for the number to the trustee company that you can call directly as well. Let me know if you need any other help and/or if you want to call me or give me your address and we can do a conference call with your lender as well.


Jason Kardos, Real Estate Broker/Owner
Office (619) 303-2826
Fax (619) 270-2595
Lic# 01324429
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more