HOW CAN I WORK DIRECTLY WITH ONE AGENT TO TRY AND FIND ME A HOME?

Asked by Elizabethe, Kissimmee, FL Thu Sep 5, 2013

Answers

17
Yanoska Diaz, Agent, Miami, FL
Fri Sep 6, 2013
Choosing an agent to work with is just like choosing any other "partner", you meet/interview a few with certain qualifications and let your little heart decide, after all we need to feel comfortable with one another if we are going to engage in a relationship that may last a few months.
Alberto Baca, Agent, Miami, FL
Thu Sep 5, 2013
Elizabethe,

What area are you looking to buy your home? Interview a couple of real estate professionals who work in the area you want. I work in the Miami area west of the airport and you're more than welcome to contact me if you'd like.

Alberto Baca
The Keyes Company
305-218-2504
Antonio Vega…, Agent, Saint Cloud, FL
Thu Sep 5, 2013
Elizabethe:

First read all the responses you have received here. See which agents work the area you want to purchase at, whether it is Kissimmee or Miami. Click on their photo, read their reviews and then once decided, click on contact the agent. Good luck!

Tony Vega
Antonelli Realty
J, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Fri Sep 6, 2013
You may want to work with a few buyer agents to test the waters then decide which one works for you. Let the agents know in advance what you are doing so if they are not chosen they will certainly understand with no hard feelings. Good luck to you!
Jose Gomez, Agent, Miami, FL
Fri Sep 6, 2013
My colleagues have all provided informative responses to your question; and I would like to add several other pointers as well that will help you make an informed decision.

• The first question you should ask is whether the agent is a REALTOR®.
• Does the agent have an active real estate license in good standing? To find this information, you can check with your state’s governing agency.
• Is real estate their full-time career?
• Ask how long the real estate agent has been working full time. It is not that newer agents aren't capable; it just is a factor in making an informed decision. Many "experienced" agents are not always the best choice either. Especially if they haven't kept up with technology.
• It is important that your agent is knowledgeable. Ask questions about things you have learned through your new-found interest in real estate. If they don't know more than you - after all, this is her livelihood! - go on to seasoned agent. Local knowledge is critical.
• Ask your agent where they live. An agent that lives and works locally will have their finger on the pulse of the market and be able to answer important questions about the community. They should at a minimum know the schools, shopping areas, community parks, etc. where they work.
• Another good method is to contact the agent with whom a friend or relative previously worked with. If this agent produced positive results for a friend, there's a good chance they will do the same for you.
• In exchange for your commitment, how will the agent help you accomplish your goals?
• How will the agent help you accomplish your goals? Ask “How will you keep me informed about the progress of my transaction? How frequently?" Using what media? Again, this is not a question with a correct answer, but that one reflects your desires.
• And lastly, once you find the right agent to work with, the most ethical and important thing to keep in mind is: in exchange for their commitment to you, the agent will expect you to cooperate and be loyal to them. Work with only 1 agent at a time and don’t be hesitant to sign an Exclusive Buyers Brokerage Agreement with them. This is a simple guarantee that will show your honesty as well as the mutual relationship that will be formed between you and them during the process.
Meg Sahdala, Agent, Coral Gables, FL
Fri Sep 6, 2013
Dear Elizabeth,

You can start by looking at trulia profiles and read agent's recommendations.
I would be happy to assist you, I am VIP on Trulia and top agent in Miami. My services to buyers are free. I can help you with everything including financing. Please contact me directly at meg@viviendarealtors.com
Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Fri Sep 6, 2013
=
Mortgage Broker response:

As you can see, there are a lot of realtors in Florida who want your business, so shopping for that “Right One” can be overwhelming!

So here’s a quick 5 item test to help identify that “Right One.”

Find one who:
1. is also a real estate Investor who currently owns multiple rental properties
2. treats you as if you are buying a $5,000,000 property
3. has good credit with over 700 scores
4. has a smart phone so they can answer all your calls and emails quickly
4. is a broker or buyer's agent who does not have to split the 3% commission
5. is willing to offer Realtor Rebate to a buyer willing to get Pre Approved (click here)
http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/09/gfb_250_000_purchase
http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_31/2012/08/please_shop_this…

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
steve@pro-option.com
http://WWW.PRO-OPTION.COM
Ph: 888 662 4404
#204296
Iris I. Rome…, Agent, Miami, FL
Thu Sep 5, 2013
Your interview a couple of Realtors until you find the right fit.

Iris I Romero
Sky-Land International Realty
305-608-5209
James Loftis, , Hollywood, FL
Thu Sep 5, 2013
please contact me
Will be glad to help
James Loftis, , Hollywood, FL
Thu Sep 5, 2013
Please contact me. Will be glad to help
Vicqui Zavala, Agent, Doral, FL
Thu Sep 5, 2013
Hola Elizabethe,
Contactame directamente y te puedo ayudar con mucho gusto.

Viccqui Zavala
Realtor associate
Real living First Service Realty
Cell 786-553-3824
E-mail: vicquizavala.realtor@gmail.com
Margarita E.…, Agent, Sunny Isles Beach, FL
Thu Sep 5, 2013
There are a number of well qualified agents presented here that can help you to find a perfect new home. You could identify an agent working closer to the area you would like to be in, or you could mention an area and price range here and they will respond, so that you would be able to choose.
Agustin Cant…, Agent, Coral Gables, FL
Thu Sep 5, 2013
My best advice would be to interview several of the Agents here on Trulia and work with the one who you feel the most comfortable with. If you are looking in the South Miami or Pinecrest areas give me call and I will help you in any way I can.

Good luck and happy house hunting
Justin Froel…, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Thu Sep 5, 2013
I can help in the Fort Lauderdale and Miami area as your single agent. My contact info is (954) 549-9397.
Web Reference:  http://www.jontorres.com
Manolo Abreu, , Miami, FL
Thu Sep 5, 2013
To Rent or Buy,............
Randall Ortiz, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Thu Sep 5, 2013
Find an agent in your area that you like and they should be able to help you find a home.
Beth Jenkins, Agent, Miami Lakes, FL
Thu Sep 5, 2013
Hi Elizabeth,
I would suggest speaking to several of the realtors that are here on Trulia answering questions or look at the profile section under the area you are interested in.
If you are looking in the South Florida area I would be glad to speak with you regarding your real estate needs.

Feel free to contact me directly,

Beth Jenkins
South Florida Brokers
786-374-4778
bethjenk1@gmail.com