Foreclosure in Miami Beach>Question Details

Need Help, Home Buyer in Miami Beach, FL


Asked by Need Help, Miami Beach, FL Tue Oct 19, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


In order to best protect yourself and if you would like to save your home, you may wish to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate sooner rather than later--if you cannot afford an attorney, contact your local Legal Aid Society for a pro bono attorney--free.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 19, 2010
Make sure you do not ignore the foreclosure notices. You need to file an "answer" at the court.

If you cannot afford an attorney you may be able to get one who will work for you and get paid after you sell your house.

If you're not able to afford payments and/or property taxes then you may need to sell.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 20, 2010
If you can afford a payment, I would look into a hard money loan. Since you have ample equity, this shouldn't be hard to secure. I'm thinking your payment was based on a higher loan amount and due to your circumstances you cannot afford this payment. If you took out a hard money loan for $20,000 @ 10%, your payment would be $175.51. Could you handle this payment? If not, your other option would be to sale your home.

I hope this answer helps you.

All the best!

Ryan Smith
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 19, 2010
Anna is right contact an attorney to help you. You will lose much more and have a foreclosure on your credit record if you don't act quickly.

You should not lose all or most of your equity if you only owe 11000 on your house. The WEB site below can provide information. I am a CDPE in Miami Beach, feel free to contact me for information.
Act quickly.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 19, 2010
Review all your options. I would definitely seek the advice of legal counsel who's familiar with the foreclosure process. Wouldn't hurt to contact a real estate professional as well if you are interested in selling.

Viva Miami,

Andre’ Shambley
Residential Home Specialist
Direct: 786-704-8482
Fax: 305-455-9548
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 19, 2010
If you cant afford to pay your mortgage and you only owe the bank 11,000 and the home is worth 100,000 you should sell the home. If you are 10 days from the foreclosure you need to get the home sold quickly. If you have any other questions you can go on my site or call me. I am certified distressed property expert (CDPE) and this certification has given me the information needed to help people in your situation. I hope that I can help.

Thank You,
Claudio Rivero
South Florida Brokers & Assocaites
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 19, 2010
Anna is right. You should seek legal advice. The attorney should be able to delay the foreclosure and negotiate with the lender.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 19, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer