Got my house due to divorce

Asked by Shirley Blakley, North Little Rock, AR Sun Jun 1, 2008

however my ex had to file chapter 13, I've recently found out that this house may be foreclosed on, what are the chances of either keeping my house or finding another one?

Answers

4
Tonia Franks, , North Little Rock, AR
Wed Jul 16, 2008
First and foremost I am sorry you are in this situation. Divorces can be sticky situations. I work with several banks on short sales and their bank owned properties. Maybe I can assist you. If your house may be foreclosed on, you definitely want to contact your bank immediately. Sometimes they will postpose your foreclosure date if you are trying to sell it. In the meantime, you should consult a loan officer to run your credit to see if you can qualify for a loan. You can contact me at anytime if you would like speak further.

Tonia Franks
McKimmey Associates, Realtors
Executive Broker
(501)626-9917 cell
Will Robles, Both Buyer And Seller, 76248
Mon Jun 2, 2008
I am not to familiar with the way bankruptcy works, but if both you and your ex can decide to sell the property and not ruin both of your credit I may be able to help by purchasing the property, with or without equity (short sale). Contact me if you would like to explore this option.

Will Robles
888.605.9190
will@firstcasasolutions.com
Debt Free Da…, , 85260
Sun Jun 1, 2008
I don't know what your cash flow looks like. Too many factors to make a determination. Speak with a loan officer.
Web Reference:  http://getprequalified.com
Candace Flow…, , Killeen, TX
Sun Jun 1, 2008
There are a lot of variables for example: Are both names on the deed? Are both names on the loan? Do you live in a community property state? Are you employed? How is your credit rating? You will need all of these answers to find how this affects you. Yes it could still be possible for you to buy a home.