Freddie Mac foreclosure. No title to manufactured home on property but it IS on deed.. what kinds of problems will I have if I buy?

Asked by F, Pittsburgh, PA Tue Aug 2, 2011

Answers

3
Brenda Jolly, Agent, Knoxville, TN
Tue Aug 2, 2011
It is most likely on a permanent foundation and is being deeded as real property in which case there won't be a title. It most likely has been de-titled. I had a sale earlier this year that was same circumstances.
Web Reference:  http://www.brendajolly.net
F, Home Buyer, Pittsburgh, PA
Tue Aug 2, 2011
Mobile home with a permanent foundation and since it's a Freddic Mac we will have to sign a waiver because there isn't a title to transfer to us? Any more problems with this?
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Aug 2, 2011
I'm presuming the by MANUFACTURED you mean a MOBILE home, as opposed to one of the Pre-Fab homes that WESTERN and others sell:

A mobine home, whether it is an Airstream or a Triple wide, is considered Personal Property, not Real Property. So If it is on the property when the escrow closes, it is considered part of the deal.

Just to be on the safe side, I would INCLUDE it in the space provided on the Purchase Agreement; that way there is no misunderstanding.