Foreclosure in 60586>Question Details

valeriekinman, Home Owner in Plainfield, IL

Foreclosure served, how much time do I have to get out in kendall county,illinois

Asked by valeriekinman, Plainfield, IL Tue Mar 5, 2013

I served in plainfield recently, I got court documents to appear at Case Management in kendall county 4-29-13. my question is . How much time do I have to move out? I lookn for job , wating to hear if I hired. Interveweed last monday. No unemployment. Worse time in my life. earning 5 k of less for past 5yrs. Help me know my time frame please. what happens at case management .

Help the community by answering this question:


Your best bet is to engage a foreclosure defense attorney. I recommend Steven Saporta at 815-741-9400. He is one of the most aggressive litigators I have encountered in 35 years. Once you engage him, he may be able to delay the foreclosure proceedings and keep you in the house for awhile. Also key is the ability to negotiate a relocation fee. Meanwhile, you may be able to conduct a short sale and come out of this not so bad. I would be glad to sit down with you and discuss your options. If done properly the impact is much less on your financial profile than if you just let it go to foreclosure. Michael Sims 815-791-7467
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 25, 2013
Let me start off by saying you need an attorney. is a very good foreclosure defense firm that I know of.

Having said that.... the first thing you need to to is respond to the summons. (ideally a lawyer will do this for you), then after that there is quite a lengthy process involved in order to actually get you removed from the property.

Even if you did nothing, you would probably still be in the home a year from now. If you fight, you can either end up getting a modification OR your lawyer can stall the process and have you in the home even longer.

Sean Cochran
630-470-6830 office
630-330-2229 cell
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 5, 2013
I have no job or cash, My car went junkyard and I saving for a car. Cant work with no car. I borrowed a van from family member. Basically I need 2k or more for attorney, can legal aid help me. do know what case management will do . an attorney told me the joudge give u more time if not represented, because of hardship.
Flag Tue Mar 5, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer