Fanniemae bought my home We got no info re: the auction and what to do after we need our home..what can I do?? Help please!!

Asked by Karen Flaherty, Lynn, MA Thu Aug 30, 2012

Don't know what to do...we have four children in school..want to keep their home..deep repairs are needed also !! Faniemae bought it what can I do!

Answers

6
Gene Clements, Agent, Lynn, MA
Tue Jul 9, 2013
Search the essex county registry of deeds and follow the chain of title. If this to much for you or you are not sure how to do it contact a local real attorney and they can do a title search if needed and tell you what your best course of action is if there is any. if you need an attorney feel free to call me and I will be happy to refer you to one.
Gene Clements
978-998-9600
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Fri Aug 31, 2012
Search the registry of deeds for the lynn area to see who owns it now. If you don't, you will need to find another home. If you still do, you can follow some of the advice in the previous answers.
http://www.sec.state.ma.us/rod/rodlst/lstidx.htm

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Roschpropert…, , Utah
Fri Aug 31, 2012
You may want to go to http://www.reoprep.com they may have the asset manager listed that will be working on the file.
Karriem Cher…, Agent, Lynn, MA
Fri Aug 31, 2012
Hi Karen, I'm going to assume you own your home rather than renting? If you have lost your home to foreclosure and If the bank auction has happened already there's not much you can do about retaining your home.

Fannie Mae will at some point list your home with a real estate broker in the area and put the home on the market for sale.
You may receive notice about moving options or stipend to assist you in your move.

Good Luck and I hope everything works out for you... I'm a local agent in the Lynn area myself Feel free to contact me if you need further assistance,

Karriem
I'm sorry, but how is this legal? My sister just received notice from Fannie Mae that she has 30 days to vacate, and she has $30,000 in equity in her home. Fannie Mae can sell and she will love her equity/investment? Is this really legal?
Flag Wed Dec 14, 2016
Richard Shap…, , Framingham, MA
Thu Aug 30, 2012
First of all . dont spend any of your money on these repairs.
second call the fannie number but check if there is legal services in your city that could guide you through this. Plenty of people live in their homes after this and it could be better for a home to be occupied than vacant.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Aug 30, 2012
Google "fanniemae" and look for the "CONTACT US"
THEY HAVE AN 800 NUMBER.
TALK TO THEM

gOOD LUCK AND MAY gOD BLESS