Due to deployment, I have suddenly misplaced my HUD-1 settlement statement. I have contacted my real estate agent that handle the sale but no answer

Asked by Nani, Spring Valley, CA Sun Feb 27, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Michael Emery, , Minneapolis, MN
Sun Feb 27, 2011
Who should have a copy of your HUD-1

1. Real estate agent.

2. Broker where your agent has his license

3. Title company that performed the transaction (or lawyer as the case may be)

4. Your mortgage person
2 votes
, ,
Sun Feb 27, 2011
I just emailed a title company for the same thing for a client. Or your loan officer? Both should have it easily.
1 vote
applebail, Home Owner, 66044
Tue Oct 8, 2013
What if your suing your lender and the title company and both concealed transactions on the HUD and the HUD will incriminate them in court. Both the Lender and the Title Company failed to make settlements on the HUD and fees were paid to settle contingent debts. The title company id out of business and the buyer wants a copy of the HUD to sue the lender form breach. Where does the buyer copy of the HUD if the lender and the title company is non responding. There was no real estate agent. It was a refinance of an existing private loan and note. The lender and title company fail to file satisfactions that were secured on the closing agreement on the HUD. Buyer/borrower wants to sue the lender but the lender fail to give borrower a copy of the HUD and the Borrower never met the title company and the close was done with the borrower meeting the lender at the title company. The borrower just signed the papers and trusted the lender and title company to do their job which they did not.
0 votes
Scott.page24, Home Buyer, McKinney, TX
Sat Feb 2, 2013
What is the title company and the mortgage brokers office went out of business??? Where could I obtain a Hud-1 statement then??? Thanks.
0 votes
Akil Walker, Agent, Upper Marlboro, MD
Tue Mar 8, 2011
Hey Nani,

I typically email a copy to my client's email address for record keeping. The brokerage (the real estate company) that your agent works should have a copy, settlement officer and title company and loan officer.

More importantly be safe, and thank you for your service.
0 votes
The Roskelly…, Agent, Gambrills, MD
Mon Feb 28, 2011
Hi Nani,

Contact the agents Broker. They are required by law to have that information on file for between 5 - 7 years.
0 votes
BayAreaHomeR…, Agent, Vallejo, CA
Sun Feb 27, 2011
yeah contact the title company they can probably email you a copy of the hud quick. i recently had to do this because i sold a home to first time buyers during this tax credit last year, they misplaced their hud, so i had one in my inbox..they got it right away


0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Foreclosure in Upper Marlboro Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more