Does it have to be stated in the CC&R that HOA dues may be pursued as a personal obligation for them to sue?

Asked by Bubbles, Sacramento, CA Thu Aug 11, 2011

Answers

3
Bubbles, Renter, Sacramento, CA
Thu Aug 11, 2011
Hi, thank you for the responses. The condo did already foreclose in OCT 2009, they recorded and updated 30 year old CC&R's in Nov orf 2009 where it now states it is a persoanl obligation. I never did receive a copy since I did not purchase this condo. My ex-fiance did, he put me on title without my knowledge so the deed of trust only has his signature.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Aug 11, 2011
In California, when you buy a property in an HOA, you will sign a contract with them as part of the Documents.

The HOA's know what they are doing; they will not be denied.
They will file a Lien and they will go after the individual if they go thru Foreclosure.
Jack Gillis, Agent, Dallas, TX
Thu Aug 11, 2011
That is a legal question and not a real estate agent opinion. I would contact an attorney in your jurisdiction that specializes in real estate if you want a reliable answer. Part of the answer is in the CC&R, while part may be found in state laws and cases.

Jack Gillis, M.B.A., J.D.
Jack Gillis Realty Advisors
Nathan Grace Real Estate, Broker
5619 Dyer Street | Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75206
Cell: 214.718.4910
Email: Jack@JackGillisRealty.com