Does anyone know anything about the Sawcreek estates? Is this a decent community to raise my children?

Asked by Jane Walrond, New York, NY Sun Nov 4, 2007

Answers

9
Pippo, Home Owner, Pennsylvania
Thu May 3, 2012
to all who read this.......please look at the dates when these folks wrote about all the negative crap.....
saw creek estates has turned around for the best....its a great place to live..full time,or vacation......
Barbara Krau…, Home Buyer, Bushkill, PA
Wed Nov 7, 2007
Please research on the Pocono Record or even better call the blooming grove stated police. Just outside of the gate their was a murder, home invasion. The poor man that was murdered was Barry Rose, father of two. Even though the murder took place outside of the gate that parcel of property is considered Saw Creek Estates. Almost every month on Channel 13 you can see on the news the drug busts, or the break-ins. Think twice. Hope this help you
Shame to hear about the deer situation. As a long time Poconos resident, Eagle Scout, as well as a real estate agent, this one is heart breaking.

Beverly if you are seriously looking to move, please feel free to give me a call. We can discuss communities, areas not in a development, etc.

My contact info should you need anything:
Steven J Pomeroy
Direct: 570-269-6741
Better Homes & Gardens Wilkins & Associates
Stroudsburg PA 18360
Flag Mon May 12, 2014
and now saw creek is going to slaughter the deer as well, saying they are sick. I have lived here for 13years and it is not the community I thought it was and am looking to move soon. You have no say in how the community is run. I have not seen 1 sick deer.
Flag Thu Jan 16, 2014
xstitch@ptd.…, Home Buyer, East Stroudsburg, PA
Sun May 11, 2014
Barbara Krauss - Home Owner

Saw Creek is a a beautiful place to live but you have a board of directors that are power crazy. This community has over 3,000 home and their monthly meeting is a tiny room with 35 chairs. Hardly anybody attends these meetings because of the seating arrangements. The board likes to play God and will not listen to the community concerns.
They want to kill our beautiful deer because they want flowers. They should have done their homework and stayed in New Jersey or New York. The heart retching thing is they want to kill the pregnant doe's. How sad is that. I moved here from NYC to live among nature and now they are destroying that. This again is a board decision. Most of the home owners are outraged. What will be next, the raccoons, the woodchucks and maybe the squirrels.
I would not recommend to anybody to buy into a community. I love my home but sorry I didn't build outside of a gated community.
Barabara...I'm a SC resident...one who loves the deer. Tonight, was a bad night, I saw a truck turn around in my driveway, two men in the bed of the truck standing up, one had a long rifle...10 pm mind you. I called security to alert them about what I saw... and while on the phone, I heard shots. I got in my car, drove down the road... and there they were, the people SC hired to kill our deer... I almost could not control myself, was beside myself with anger! This is sickening! George on Canterbury gvmtoni@yahoo.com
Flag Wed Mar 11, 2015
rcasalta61, Home Owner, East Stroudsburg, PA
Sat Jul 20, 2013
i bought my home in Saw Creek Estates in 2011, and moved in full-time this past December. Where ever there are people there is going to be some form of crime. I was warned when i bought up here to get an alarm system put in, because the teens tend to burglarize the minimally inhabited houses for liquor and fireworks, usually. Did that and honestly have had no problems. In fact, Public Safety is on top of everything up here. Love it and I too have a child. Hope this helps.
Vel, Home Buyer, Bushkill, PA
Wed Nov 4, 2009
I am from New york and live in Saw Creek Estates. We are a christian family and it seem to be a very good place to live and raise children. Especially coming from NY, the quality of life is nice, people are friendly and helpful, and depending where you live it is very private, quite and a huge change from city life. Your children can enjoy the out door life and so would you. Sometimes you have to experience an area for yourself and not go by what others may say, remember people have there own view of things in life and see things very different. I would recommend Saw Creek.
I own a home in NYC and also one in Saw Creek Estates. When I first moved up here, I was shock to see the prices were so reasonable. I guess I was so used to NYC prices. I told my friends and two of them also brought homes right after I did. They too, were so amazed at the value they got and are very happy. I travel quite frequently to Saw Creek almost every weekend and stay at least 3 weeks in the summer. I can say for sure that it is a wonderful community with lots of amenities. Check out their website for all the great facilities they have. They have a really nice gym with indoor tennis courts and a racquetball court. Believe me, I grew up a gym rat and their facilities are well kept. Can you believe that they even have their own ski slope? That's a four seasons community! People in general are very nice. The folks that run this place are very professional. This community is relaxing and pretty safe to me. Try a rental unit for a few days and form your own opinion.
Flag Wed Mar 26, 2014
How is Saw Creek now since your Nov. 2009 post. We are thinking of buying a home there. We already own land by the creek. But, we are hearing horror stories about drive by shootings, drugs, gangs, etc.
Flag Sun Mar 10, 2013
Maggie Flart…, Agent, Blakeslee, PA
Thu Dec 13, 2007
If you are concerned about the quality of life in the Poconos, there are many wonderful communities in all price ranges. And the clean air and mountain atmosphere is fantastic. If you plan to work in any metro areas, most of the Poconos is within commuting distance and there is mass transportation available. Also, if you visit the Pocono Mountain Vacation Bureau at http://www.800poconos.com/ you'll be able to check out all the fun things the Poconos has to offer including skiing, snowboarding, waterparks, boating, fishing, watersports - all in your back yard. it would be important to check out the crime rates and schools in any area you may be thinking about moving to. Probably the best way to get information on any area is to go to some useful websites including http://www.psp.state.pa.us/ and http://www.pameganslaw.state.pa.us/ You should also consider going to http://www.paprofiles.org/profiles/SchoolDistrict.asp?CountyNum=45 for school information in Monroe County.
Karen, Home Buyer, Bushkill, PA
Wed Dec 12, 2007
I wish I was smart enough to ask that question before I moved up here. I live in the next community over and the crime in this area has risen dramatically. Please don't bring your children here. Steer clear of communities in general, they have a whole slew of problems of there own. If you are looking for a nice place to live in PA Bethlehem township is very nice and close to route 22.
Steve P, Home Seller, E'burg
Wed Nov 28, 2007
Check homes for sale in Pocono Heights. It's a great community, 10 miles from DWG Bridge. It's safe, low dues, nice people.
Rikko, Both Buyer And Seller, E.Stroud
Tue Nov 27, 2007
No stay away from Saw Creek, Pocono Country Place........
Foreclosures, assaults.........call community's security and or PA state police for SPECIFIC crime info on desired community. Don't listen to what the seller or agnet says about Pocono's crime. Due Dilegence is required.