Did anyone catch the story about the Florida couple who foreclosed on the bank on Jon Stewart last night?

Asked by Don Kelbick, Miami, FL Tue Aug 9, 2011

BOA tried to foreclose on the house they bought for cash. The couple took BOA to court and won a judgement. Bank refused to pay the judgement. Couple went to the local bank branch with the court papers, their lawyer, a repo company and the Sheriff. Bank manager said he can't pay. Repo guys cleaned out the branch of desks, computers, etc. (I assume they left the cash). Sheriff chain locked the doors. Turn about fair play

Answers

7
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Tue Aug 9, 2011
I have seen that video, and I have to tell you that there is something heart warming about that story... ala 'man bites dog'.

The feel-good story of the year.
John Giaccone, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Yes it makes you think dosent it ! :)
Margaret Has…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Yes. Funny story. BOA and other banks get away with a lot. At least the judge didn't let them get away this time.
Danielle Sha…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Aug 9, 2011
That actually happened just south of where I live and service. The branch manager did pay - the couple walked away with an undisclosed amount.
Nadine Mauro, Agent, Lake Worth, FL
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Hi Don,

Didn't watch last nights John Stewart yet. But, yes, I did see the story a couple weeks ago when it was making all the local news shows. I thought it was a wonderful idea the couples lawyer had to go after the bank that way. I hope the couple got some cash for their troubles.
Antonio Vega…, Agent, Saint Cloud, FL
Tue Aug 9, 2011
Yes, it was about 2 weeks ago, was all over NPR.

More judges should order the same.
Dan, Home Buyer, Alabama
Tue Aug 9, 2011
I sure did.

Knowledge is power.