Deutsche bank filed and then dropped the forclosure on my poperty. They then discharged the debt off of my credit report without dropping the Lien.

Asked by Jean, Dayton, OH Mon Aug 30, 2010

Why would they do that? How do I get them to drop the lien at the auditors office?

Answers

3
Susan Blanfo…, Agent, Kettering, OH
Wed Oct 12, 2011
Jean, you must heed my advice, I absolutely know what I am talking about. Call CountyCorp at 937-531-7054 and ask to speak to a certified HUD counselor. They can advise you. Listen to no one else until you talk to them. I can't stress this enough. Do not pay anyone for advise. CountyCorp is free. You need CountyCorp's expert advice.

The lien cannot be dropped until other steps or agreements are made with the bank. The Montgomery County Recorder is the one who records information such as this. They can only change the information with a legal document. Do not go to an attorney until you speak to CountyCorp. Good luck.
Bob Movin-On, , Hartford, CT
Thu Sep 2, 2010
Just because they dropped the foreclosure does not mean you do not owe what you borrowed from them therefore they will not remove the lien until you settle the debt. Credit reports are confusing and many times incorrect, a discharge does not mean you do not still owe the debt in fact that discharge is doing more damage to your credit than a report of late or nonpayment.

Good Luck
Bob Patrick
Buy a home after foreclosure, short sale or deed-in-lieu-of expert
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Tue Aug 31, 2010
Jean you may want to consult with a local real estate attorney, the first meeting is usually free so you can get some direction, you want to make sure you do things correctly the first time for an opportunity like that.