Denver Park Hill Neighborhood- Why are so many houses for sale here?

Asked by Brittany, Denver, CO Thu Oct 4, 2007

We are searching for a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house in the following neighborhoods: preferrably Park Hill, or Mayfair, but we will also consider Cheeseman Park, or Congress Park. We are planning to pay $450-500K. Why does Park Hill seem to have so many more houses for sale? Are there problems in Park Hill that I should know about? This is our favorite location (I will work at Fitzsimmons, my husband works downtown). Any other neighborhoods you'd suggest for us?

Answers

3
Kent Palmer, , Denver, CO
Mon Jan 7, 2008
There are no issues tha would preclude me from moving my family to Park Hill. I hve lived all over the Denver Metro area in the past 37 years. If I were moving I would look in Park Hill and all of the others. Great neigborhoods.

Median Income $40,803
Median Income Ranking (State) 38th Percentile
Median Income Ranking (National) 49th Percentile
Average Income Households w/ Children $58,500
Average Ranking Income Households w/ Children (State) 50th Percentile
Average Ranking Income Households w/ Children (National) 59th Percentile

Age
Average Age 38 years
Age 0-9 Years 4.71%
Age 10-17 Years 19.89%
Age 18-29 Years 7.38%
Age 30-39 Years 22.46%
Age 40-49 Years 13.16%
Age 50-64 Years 16.36%
Age 65+ Years 16.04%

Employment
Average Travel Time To Work 24 minutes
Employment: Farming/Fishing/Forestry
Thomas Basile, , Lakewood, CO
Tue Nov 13, 2007
Hello, Partners West is a Real Estate Firm in Lakewood. We deal strictly in foreclosures. EVery area of the city is heavily hit with foreclosures, because of the collapse of the sub- prime market, not just Park Hill. We would like to talk to you about finding you a home in Park Hill that would be a VERY good deal for you. We just ran across a $413K home that may be available for around $325K. Please give us a call @ 303 445-4773 ask for Tomas Basile.

Thank you.
Mike Bradley, , Abbott Loop, Anchorage, AK
Thu Oct 4, 2007
It's a popular area for fix & flips right now and has been for a few years. That plus there's just a bunch of homes on the market in almost every area these days. I like the neighborhoods you've mentioned, but be careful with the exact location of the home you select. For resale you'll want to be as far from the busy streets (like Colorado or Colfax) as possible to reduce street noise.
Web Reference:  http://www.MikesClients.com