Considering short sale in penngrove, CA. Need advise without incurring legal fees

Asked by Logan, Penngrove, CA Thu Dec 6, 2012

We had our mortgage modified through Fed Gov't program about 6-9 months ago, But now are considering short selling. What do we need to know. Can a real estate person who has experience in this area help us?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Dec 6, 2012
1. communicate with your Lender's Loss/Mitigation Department.
2. ask them to do a Loan Modification, (you will this on-record)
3. submit a "hardship" letter, detailing why you are "distressed"
4. LIST you house with a Realtor as a Shortsale.
5. have your Realtor do a CMA
6. Price it a little under Market
7. Follow your Realtor's advice
0 votes
Lynn Bowen, Agent, Sebastopol, CA
Thu Dec 6, 2012
You are not alone and you are wise to ask for advice. An attorney can give you legal advice, a CPA or Tax Professional can give you Tax advice, and a Realtor with experience managing short sale transactions in the past can give you the rest.

I am happy to discuss your situation with you. I have successfully managed and closed several short sales and am happy to help you wade thru what is available to you and to work with your bank(s).

Feel free to contact me for a no strings attached consultation and you can then decide what you would like to do.

I also have clients looking for something to relocate to in the Penngrove area. Maybe your place is what they are looking for and we could put together a win win situation for all.

Lynn Bowen
Broker Associate
Artisan Sotheby's International Realty
Sebastopl CA
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Foreclosure in Rohnert Park Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more