Can you get pictures on the foreclosure properties with out going through RealtyTrac?

Asked by Brian_voris, Ketchum, ID Tue Jul 3, 2012

Do rael estate agents have the info on forclosures?

Answers

2
Jim Paulson, Agent, Boise, ID
Tue Jul 3, 2012
Realty Trac includes properties that are in default and not necessarily foreclosures yet. They list each loan that is in default so if a property has a first and a second, they call it two foreclosure listings. I tried subscribing once to see what it had that I didn't have in the MLS and cancelled after a month.

Almost all lenders go through the local real estate community to list homes as both pre-forclosures and bank owned properties.

Even if you elect to subscribe to their service, they will typically only show photos that are of public record from local mapping programs or tax assessor data since they are not members of the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). In other words, if you are looking for interior photos, I don't think they have them!

I agree with Sally, work with a local Realtor that knows the market.
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Tue Jul 3, 2012
All foreclosures will be listed in your local MLS. DO NOT use RealtyTrac. It's a scam. Just find a local Realtor who will work with you as a Buyer's Agent. He/she can create a search in the MLS specific to your search criteria.

Also, why do you want to buy a foreclosure specifically? They aren't always a great deal, as most properties sell at "fair market value".