Can You Help Me, I am in a wheelchair, 45 years old, and have been served a Summons 4 days ago?

Asked by Michael H. Stephens, Port Orange, FL Wed Jan 21, 2009

I am on SSI, 45yrs old, and Nationstar Mortgage CO. is taking my home from me, because I had a Modification CO., out of New York assisting us, but did no good!

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jcj Consulti…, , Port Orange, FL
Wed Jul 8, 2009
Hi Micheal,
We are finding this to be a big problem with loan modification companies taking money and not producing.
My advise to you is to contact legal services immediately ! And if this company didn't make payments on your behalf ! Contact the Attorney Generals Office and file charges .. In some cases the process can be place temporarily on hold pending an investigation..
2 votes
Paula Bean, , Orlando, FL
Wed Jan 21, 2009
Dear Michael,

You need to contact your mtg company immediately, as well as seek assistance from a real estate attorney, or If you are unable to reach your mortgage company, the company is unable to help, or you are not yet delinquent but think you may be unable to make future payments, contact the Homeownership Preservation Foundation at 1-888-995-HOPE. Experienced counselors can help you consider the best plan of action for your personal financial situation.

Understand your options
Your mortgage company or a homeownership counselor can help you understand the options available to you. They may include:
Repayment Plan—If you have missed some monthly payments, you may be able to catch up by creating a schedule for repaying the past-due amount.
Advance (HomeSaver Advance™)—If your mortgage company tells you that your loan is owned by Fannie Mae, you may be eligible for an unsecured personal loan to help you catch up on mortgage payments.
Modification—In some cases, mortgage loan terms can be changed on a temporary or permanent basis to make the payment more affordable.

Foreclosure will damage your credit rating and your ability to borrow money or buy a home in the future. When the options above don’t work or you know you can no longer make your monthly payment, you may need to sell your home.

There are also counselors available to help you with this, depending on if your mtg is fannie mae, freddie mac or FHA/VA. Here is a link to some resources available to get help:

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions, please let me know. I am a real estate consultant and can point you in the right direction. I've done many mortgage mods, but you need to know what type of mtg you have (look on your closing paperwork, the settlement statement will show this info) also, if you are behind in payments, have a hardship situation (medical, loss of job, etc).

YOU have many alternatives, but you must call your mtg co and then seek assistance from there depending on your situation.

BTW - why is it that the modification company out of NY was unable to help you? Did you pay them money? MY best advice is never deal with an out of state company, laws are governed by the state in which you own the real estate, and I've seen many empty promises from the billions of companies jumping on the foreclosure bandwagon. It's a shame that most of them are taking advantage of people like you - try to get your money back!

Best wishes
1 vote
Caryn Baker, Agent, Ormond Beach, FL
Wed Jan 21, 2009
Hi Michael, I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Am I correct in assuming that the summons was a foreclosure notice? If so, there are options you can pursue. Please call or email me at your convenience so this can be discussed in private - 386-871-3185 or

Best of luck,

Web Reference:
0 votes
Jack Dunn, Agent, Daytona Beach, FL
Wed Jan 21, 2009
Hi Michael, Please call me at your convenience. 386.212.0388 I have a wheelchair friendly property to discuss with you. Thank You, Jack
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more