Can I su the realtors involved in my 2008 foreclosure transaction for disclosing bids to make us pay more for the property?

Asked by Elena, Fontana, CA Sun Apr 15, 2012

Answers

3
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Sun Apr 15, 2012
You can sue anyone, lawyers love to accept your money. Winning will be very difficult for you, but you can sue. Are you sure you are not wanting to use the words bank owned home and offer as opposed to foreclosure and bid? The foreclosure auction is where bids are placed at the court house steps and you buy with cash. Once the bank buys it back and puts it up for sale thru a Realtor on the MLS it is no longer a foreclosure but a bank owned or REO property where people submit offers to buy it.
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Mon Jul 2, 2012
Elena,

I presume you paid what you thought was the correct price for the home. Realtors can tell a buyer if they have other offers and if those offers are at, below ,or above list. It is not customary for realtors to tell buyers exactly how nuch the other offers are.

You would have a hard time proving this case. Did the realtor provide you the amount of the other offers in writting? If not this could be a case of he said she said.

I hope you are happy with your home, and if you got it at or a little below market value you are in great shape.

Best of Luck to You.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Sun Apr 15, 2012
Only an attorney would be able to advise you if a judge might be interested in hearing this case, Elena. Why not give one a call and see what they think?