Art Brandt, Real Estate Pro in Cornelius, NC

Can I filter on searches? The listing company "Reality Trak" is showing many old/sold listings and I want to block their homes

Asked by Art Brandt, Cornelius, NC Tue Sep 22, 2009

from my searches. In the past I actually paid the Reality Trak membership and found that all of their listings were old and already sold, or relisted with different agents. Do you have any qualifications for companies to list homes and keep them current? I would like to use Trulia to purchase my next home, but I need reliable information. Can you provide any assistance in blocking invalid listings?

Answers

5
Art,

I would caution you from judging all other agents based on your experience with another.

Why do you think the process was so fast and seamless when you dealt directly with the listing agent? Dual agency is a VERY grey area. I have never understood how an agent could actually best represent the interests of dualing parties who have competing and conflicting interests. Curious, isn't it?

Whenever I have sold my own listings, it has been as an acknowledged Seller's agent to all parties.

That being said, if you don't truly care that your best interests are protected, I, too, will throw my hat in the ring by providing you a direclt link to public MLS searching...
Thank you for the previous answers and I agree that if someone wants to pay full price for a home then a buyer’s agent may be the way to go.

When I recently purchased another foreclosure in Lansing MI I spent 6 months working with a buyers agent who kept showing me higher priced homes that had been on the market for months. As soon as my contract with them expired I was alerted from Trulia on a new listing "that day" which the listing price was a "good deal".

By dealing with the listing agent and making them a "dual agent" I was able to purchase the home immediately. It seems that since a dual agent makes double the commision and is the listing agent I was able to get a quick response, and good deal that I could not get with a buyer’s agent.

Now, I need to purchase another home in the SW Oakland County area and am looking for a reliable new listing source in that area as Trulia was in Lansing.

Since Reality Trak has seemed to monopolize Trulia, does anyone know of a good source of finding newly listed foreclosures where I can contact the listing agent about purchasing?

I am looking for something that I can purchase, and remodel my way without having more in the house then it is worth when I am done.

Art
Trulia is a great source of information about homes, but as the other agents have said, the MLS is a much better source. I agree with you that the Realty Trac information here is not the most helpful. I am linking to my free mls search page. You are welcome to use it. You will not get invalid listings this way.
Web Reference: http://familyhomes.skbk.com
Maureen Fran…, Real Estate Pro in Birmingham, MI
I can give you an updated automated email list any time you need it....
Web Reference: http://contact4homes.com
Artbrandt,

If you want a list of homes that is current your best bet is to find a buyers agent to represent your needs, and have them send you a list of new homes on the market, those with price changes or status changes, etc.

With the other public services that are used, you are getting information that isn't up to date. For example: One site may pull *all* public records (notices of foreclosure, etc) but they may not be coming on the market any time soon.

As I only use the reliable MLS services for my clients, they will receive a list of those homes that meet their criteria and are currently on the market.

Good luck to you,

Kris Wales
Keller Williams Realty - Shelby Township
http://chataboutmacomb.com
Web Reference: http://macombhomes.com