Both Parent died. House with no equity left behind. Payments in default. How long does it take for foreclosure in Southern California?

Asked by Lpjerrou, Redlands, CA Sat Mar 10, 2012

Bank is aware of deaths. They sent notice, start forclosure proceedings. Need to know a time frame. I have a developmentally disabled brother still living there. I'm looking for housing for him, would like a time frame so I can get him somewhere safe and get belongings out of house.

Answers

2
Jory Blake, Agent, Norco, CA
Sat Mar 10, 2012
Hi Leslie, I would disagree..if you only have the one loan with B of A there may be enough to standard sale the home and cover costs. The home appears in pretty good shape from the photos.
If David and Teresa have both passed away, you may want to consult with an RE attorney as the main issue would be the legal document signer.

The time frames Walter mentioned are correct, however, even after the foreclosure you can negotiate some time to relocate and request move out monies ( Cash for Keys).

Best wishes,
Walter 'Skip'…, Agent, Brea, CA
Sat Mar 10, 2012
I am sorry about your parents. The minimum time is 111 days. 90 days for the notice of default and 20 days for the notice of trustee sale. Go to Foreclosureradar.com and click on their learning center. It is free and they have easy to understand information and timetables.