Bud Ski, Home Buyer in Tavares, FL

At what point would the Maricopa County Treasurer's Office take over property with unpaid Tax?

Asked by Bud Ski, Tavares, FL Fri Jan 23, 2009

Answers

4
Hope Salas, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Sun Mar 24, 2013
Here's an excellent referral for you to get all of your tax related questions answered.
Karen F. Corona, CPA
12826 S. 38th Place
Phoenix, AZ 85044-3867

PH: (480) 893-0191
FAX (480) 893-1830

Good luck with this. Call me if I can be of further assitance.
Cissiekennedy, Home Buyer, Mesa, AZ
Sat Mar 23, 2013
i need to know what parcel identification number has my house
MaryLynn Ols…, Agent, Mesa, AZ
Thu Feb 12, 2009
Hi! Bud, Your property taxes have three years to be paid before a tax lien sale can occur in the state of Arizona. But if there is a mortgage on the property, the mortgage company will not allow property taxes to become arrears because they will not be left in first position of receiving the property before the tax sale. Some investors use late property taxes as a way to earn up to 16% on their investment. They will pay off the property taxes owed and earn 16% interest waiting for the owner to pay them through the assessor. The person that has paid all the tax arrearages can become the owner of the property for the back taxes owed.
Randy Hooker, Agent, Chandler, AZ
Fri Jan 23, 2009
Hi Bud!

I've always heard that the property taxes have to be in arrears by 3 years before there can be a tax lien sale. But I'll admit that I am not sure.

Maybe this site will you help find your anser: http://treasurer.maricopa.gov/

Question: what's the story behnd your question? :)

Respectfully,

...randy