Foreclosure in 94563>Question Details

Pankaj Patel,  in 94556

Are there any foreclosures or short sales in Orinda or Moraga ?

Asked by Pankaj Patel, 94556 Fri Jun 5, 2009

Loking to move from Moraga to Orinda for a larger home. Excellent job and prequalified. Would like to be on email alerts and information please

Bob Georgiou’s answer
The market in Orinda and Moraga is still tight and prices had been holding unitl recently when sales seemed ot be slowing. The inference I take for your question is one of finding "value" or bargains in one of the best markets in Northern California. Since the profile of the buyer in these areas is more affluent the homeowners have been able to withstand the downswing but due to the length of the downturn they are now faced with the considerations that owners east of Walnut Creek had faced over the last 2 years. There are short sales and foreclosures which are pressuring prices but I might suggest one look at the homes before getting excited about is offered.

I would advise that your timing is almost ideal and that over the next 18 moths the prices will change opportunities will make themselves available.

There are opportunities out there and would be pleased to assist your search. Contact me for concrete details
Web Reference:
My website has preset Bank Owned property searches all set up - including REOs in Lamorinda. Go check it out! I am working with a seller in Orinda on a shortsale now - 3 bedroom / 2 bath for $699K. But there are others in that range. Email me at and I can send you more info.
Hi Pankaj,

It seems you posted two similar questions...see my answer to your first question. And please call me 925.876.1460 to discuss your needs further. I would be happy to set up an email alert for you, and focus the search on short sales and foreclosures (bank-owned properties) if you wish.

Richard Hoag
TruNorth Real Estate Group