Anyone that is retired been especially effected by housing crisis?

Asked by Paul_loefler, San Francisco County, CA Wed May 6, 2009

I work on behalf of Trulia and I'm interested to know if anyone who is retired has been especially effected by the housing crisis. How has gone/about to go into foreclosure? Difficulties with obtaining loans/using home equity lines? Impacting other part of your life - not able to do as much, struggling to pay bills because increases in loan payments, etc.?

Answers

1
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Wed May 6, 2009
This is a great human interest question that is most appropriate for today's times. Living in Florida and working in the real estate business has brought us face to face with the delema of elderly living on fixed incomes being forced to make decisions they never anticipated.

Many of these people are finding they no longer have the resources they once had and must make a drastic change. One sinerio we have witnessed is the drastic increase of 80 year olds that feel the necessity to go back to work to be able to survive. Many are faced with the decision of buying food, paying for housing, or purchasing medicine...............a very sad state of affairs