Am Sr.female who had Ch.7 discharged in '11;credit score is 681 avg. now. Will it be possible to obtain a rental in the near future?

Asked by patticakenj, Dover Township, NJ Mon Jun 10, 2013

Arelandslords looking at credit scores or a bktcy or both?

Answers

4
Diane Glander, Agent, Spring Lake, NJ
Tue Jun 11, 2013
I would think you should be ok. Some landlords only want to know your score, others will want to see the whole report.
but, if your score is around 681 after a bankruptcy, you must have had excellent credit before. With reasoning, a landlord can be made to understand.
Web Reference:  http://www.dianeglander.com
Donna Keidel, Agent, Howell, NJ
Mon Jun 10, 2013
Hi Patticakenj,
It really depends on the Landlord and more factors than just credit alone. Your score is good and job history along with your ability to pay can often offset a blemish in your credit history. A letter explaining the situation and why the bankruptcy occurred....perhaps a divorce, illness, etc can help too.
Donna
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Jun 10, 2013
Ron,

I really like your flag displayed in your background.....but, I believe it's displayed incorrectly.

Respectfully,

You know what, I never noticed that, I think you are correct. I will have to take another shot.
Flag Mon Jun 10, 2013
Ronald Shaff…, Agent, Toms River, NJ
Mon Jun 10, 2013
Hi Patticake,

It depends on the landlord. Most realize that potential tenants will have bruised credit. The 681 ia higher than many of the tenants I have placed recently. If you are looking for a 3 bedroom, I have a small colonial style home in West Dover that will be available by the end of this month for $1600.
I wish you good luck in finding the right place.