After putting property in a chapter 7 a new lender is harassing us? How can we get them to stop? Bankruptcy lawyer said ignore them but they call.

Asked by Decrane, Holly Springs, NC Tue Nov 29, 2011

Answers

4
Carlos Herrera’s answer
Carlos Herre…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Tue Nov 29, 2011
I had a similar issue once with a collector that was calling the wrong person, ME! They didn't seem to care, so I just had some fun with them. I gave them the movie phone voice, answered as a funeral home, etc. haha

On a serious note, have you spoken with them on the phone and told them that bankruptcy is filed and they need to speak with your attorney if they have any other questions or concerns?
Web Reference:  http://buyinorlando.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Nov 29, 2011
Why not ask your attorney to send a letter to whoever is calling you...
J, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Wed Nov 30, 2011
Carlos---great answer!

If they are calling you on your home phone maybe think about changing to an unlisted/unpublished number. If the calls are coming in through your cell phone then ignore it or have the number(s) blocked through your service provider.
Elva Wormley, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, San Jose, CA
Tue Nov 29, 2011
Hi Decrane,

Did your lender sell the loan while you were in the process of filing the chapter 7? Perhaps this new lender has not received the notification? You should ask your attorney to look into this for you.

Elva Wormley