About 5 mos ago, i was able to get my home loan modified. I was making my payments on time and was so happy.

Asked by Francisca, Clinton, PA Wed May 6, 2009

I had owed back taxes, but i had a payment arrangement set up with my local tax co. The mortgage co. decided they wanted it all paid off now, so they paid my taxes, around $7500, and added $850 a month on my mortgage payment. Now i am back to not being able to pay it. Was this legal? Cause now, i think i have to go into forclosure. I don't know what to do.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


blaison samu…, Agent, Santa Clara, CA
Wed May 6, 2009

If you dont pay the taxes, they can foreclose the property so that's why most probably your lender paid it. I'm not sure whether they had communicated about payment increase with you before paying the taxes. If not then you need to talk to your lender about your unaffordabilty. If they are not agreeing to reduce your payment where you are comfortable then you have to consult with a real estate attorney to handle this situation before they file notice of default. Call you lender today to discuss about your situation!!!
1 vote
Melissa Hill, Agent, Beaver, PA
Wed May 6, 2009
I can't answer on the mortgage end but I can help you negotiate a short sale with your bank to avoid the forclosure. I have assisted many home owners get out from under their property without facing the forclosure. Feel free to email me if you are interested in more information.
Melissa Hill
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Foreclosure in Clinton Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more