A house was recently auctioned via sheriffs auction. Is there any way to find out who purchased it??

Asked by Troy D, Belmont Central, Chicago, IL Sat May 17, 2008

This house was listed in the paper several weeks and I had planned on attending the auction at the courhouse but something with work came up and I wasn't able to attend. Can I find out if the bank purchased or an individual?

Answers

3
Keith Knutil…, Agent, Lincoln, IL
Wed Apr 22, 2009
The information is available at the County Clerk/Recorders office on the second floor of the Logan County Courthouse, normally in a short period of time after the sale. A copy of the Deed will be available sometime later at the Assessor's office in the John Logan Building on McLean Street.

Keith Knutilla
REALTOR
Coldwell Banker Devonshire Realty
303 S. Kickapoo
Lincoln, Illinois 62656
Cell(217)737-1263
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Sat May 17, 2008
As Frank stated once it is closed it is recorded. Unfortunately after looking at the Logan County website it does not give any kind of access to search for deeds. But I have put website below that will allow you to search for the new deed.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

Larry Story
Coldwell Banker Triad
Frank Diaz, Agent, Honolulu, HI
Sat May 17, 2008
Home purchases are generally confidential as to price and terms until they are recorded with the city and/or county. Your public tax assessor or tax department will have a record of the sale as of the day it closes. In a foreclosure it may take several days or weeks to clear up the legal matters, such as a judgment, bankruptcy, stay, etc. In our county, they appear online (County website) approximately 1-2 weeks after they are recorded.