A customer owes a water bill of $600. Home is now REO. Who do we lien, customer or bank?

Asked by Will, Mountain Center, CA Tue Jun 2, 2009

Answers

3
Elise Timpe, Agent, Corona, CA
Fri Aug 3, 2012
When a property is purchased at a trust deed sale, the new owner (often a bank) then clears all the liens and puts it on the market as an REO.If your lien isn;t already in place, you may be out of luck. Contact an attorney for a definitive answer.
Christopher…, Agent, Hemet, CA
Tue Aug 11, 2009
Typically, utilities will lien the property....Neither the prior or new owner. Contact an attorney for laws specific to the area.
blaison samu…, Agent, Santa Clara, CA
Tue Jun 2, 2009
Will,

As I understand that when it's REO, the banks has already cleared all the lien, it seems like you haven't put a lien earlier enough to get it paid. I think most probably it will be loss for your company. Once it sold without any lien then you cannot get that money from the new buyer. So consult with an attorney whether you can get your money from the bank before it sells to the new buyer.