Billyboy, Other/Just Looking in Port Charlotte, FL

Asked by Billyboy, Port Charlotte, FL Sat May 15, 2010

Not sure where you are seeing the listings, but, If you are looking at a RealtyTrac listing(s), keep in mind that some of the information is inaccurate and often misleading--some of the properties may have a lis pendens--notice of default--and if so, some may not be for sale yet, and some may never be if the owner satisfies the default--for the most accurate and up to date information, consult with your agent--if they are avalable, he/she would know or could find out.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 15, 2010
Not usually. Sometimes they are listed incorrectly and should be for rent instead of sale. If they are for sale they may have meant $100,000. And there is also the case where agents will enter properties for ridiciulous amounts of money on websites so they can get potential buyers. From a pure business perspective I would rather price a home at $1M than $1,000 if I was trying to lure unsuspecting buyers. But in reality I find the truth prevails. If I begin a relationship with a lie where can that relationship go - especially in business.
If a home is listed for $1000 it is more than a fixer up investment! Understand that real estate is focused on supply and demand and if a property is way below market value and is listed on the mls there will be a lot of people to increase the bid amount. You can find good vaules if you look hard or have someone assist you, but there are no gifts. There is a reason for everything!

More than likely you are looking a pre foreclose properties that have had the first lega filed. This properties are typically not listed unless it is indicated. People in pre foreclosure may be working with banks to modifiy their loans, working a repay plan or forebearance or maybe even a short sale if listed. By a foreclosure web site is just that, properties in foreclosure and not properites that are listed. A foreclosure data base can be a great tool to the educated investor or agent but can not be used like trulia or

Keith Manson
First Weber Group
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Metro Milwaukee
Currently the best opportunities to save on real estate in the Port Charlotte or North Port areas is through persuing foreclosed property. The average price range for these listings is from $60,000 to $100,000. We are unaware of any homes that have sold in the $1,000 price range......vacant lots will bring much more!

Billyboy, it's not customary to ask a question on trulia and then provide your own answer......perhaps on another site???
I have a simple rule that if you follow will make life easier on you.

FORGET trulia for foreclosures. They only show realtytrack listings. Those listings are bogus and not for sale at the price listed. Often they are not even for sale and never will be.

Instead go to ot have a realtor work with you to find something actually for sale.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 15, 2010
Look to see if it says Realty Trac. if it does that is not an asking or sales price. Realty Trac does not list or sell homes, they gather information from public notices and foreclosure notices and posts it here. They want you to click and subscibe to their services, the price you see could be what they are behind or has no relation but they are not sales prices. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
Web Reference:
It goes back to the old saying. If it sounds too good to be true, it ususally is. They say what you like to hear to get you interested. There are plenty of deals to be had out there. You need the right agent to find out what is true and what isn't. Be very carefull with flips. It has to be a really good buy and you have to have a budget for remodeling in order to see any return on your hard work.
Go to and you will see ALL the new Huds out this week 5/14/2010...I get a new list each week on Fridays..Take a look ??
Web Reference:
If you're looking at RealtyTrac listings, these are not properties for sale. They are just the notice of the foreclosure filings. To see what is actually for sale in Port Charlotte go to You will need a preapproval letter and at least 3.5% of the sale price before a Realtor will take you to see fixer uppers. It's not possible to buy a property in Pt. Charlotte for $1k.
Normally, when we see homes at that price, that is a monthly rental amount and the home that is listed is listed as "for rent". If you saw a specific property, I'd be happy to check it for you. Also, if you contact me directly, at, I have a great "fixer upper" listed that I'd be happy to email to you. Good luck with your search! Vicky McPhee, Realtor
YES.....Some of these CAN BE really good deal!!!!!!!!