For Rent in 31602>Question Details

caddylacslim, Other/Just Looking in Valdosta, GA

im trying to buy a home but dont know where to start

Asked by caddylacslim, Valdosta, GA Mon Jul 11, 2011

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 31602

You start with the loan ! Like I tell my customers that just want to look. There are three parts to one of my land home packages. 1. the loan 2. the land then finally 3. the home and this is the order people should follow, but alot want to look at the home first. Thats just waisting time and/or setting yourself up for a possible let down. The loan is first because without it, there is no sence talking about the other two. The land is second because Location, location, location.....(apprasial comparables, school districts, convenience to work...etc.) Then the funnest and easiest part picking the home itself. In new construction doing it this way helps keep the payment where you want it and prevents you from financing too must. Find out the payment on a certain loan amount then subtract the land and land improvements and whats left over is what you can spend on the home and with modular ,you can get alot for $55 per square foot. I have yet had an unsatisfied and unhappy customer doing it this way because the payment stays the same from the begining. or 478-251-1732 Mike Anderson
Its been a while since this posting but if you have purchased your home, i would love to quote you on your homeowners insurance. Im pretty competitive and have over 30 insurance carriers i work with. Call me here at Brightway Insurance 229-316-4884. Hope everything works out for you.
I am in Valdosta and I can help you in this local area. Please give me a call at 229-630-0826 or email me at
Web Reference:
Hi, Your first step is to get yourself pre-approved for a mortgage. Once you know what a bank is wiling to lend you, you can start searching with confidence. If you don't get pre approved you will only be guessing what you can spend and could possibly waste your own time. The next step would be to contact a few reputable agents in your area. Personal referrals are always good to go with so ask people you trust for any they may have.

Christopher Pagli
Licensed Associate Broker
Accredited Buyer Representative
GREEN Designated Agent
William Raveis Legends Realty Group
Caddylacslim: You should do the following:

1) Talk to a loan officer so you know what you can afford.
2) Then go to open houses in areas that you may be interested in living. This could help you narrow down the neighborhoods or cities that you would like to live in.
3) Or after talking to your loan officer or after going to open houses, find a local real estate agent to help you with your search. You can ask friends and co-workers for a referral to a good agent.