For Rent in Lewisville>Question Details

 Juan, Real Estate Pro in Grand Prairie, TX

how do you goabout renting houses to section 8 housing authority?

Asked by Juan, Grand Prairie, TX Thu Nov 18, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


Hi Juan,
Contact the housing authority in the County of your choice and inform them that you want to be placed on the housing list. The housing participants get a copy of the list and they will call you about your property. Most of the Counties also require that you, the property owner, attend a seminar session where they explain the rules of the program to you.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to contact me if you want to list your property in the MLS for more visibility.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 18, 2010
You need to contact your county to list your property on the DHA vacancy list. As a Landlord you should also review the Landlord Handbook for more information about the program. . But I can help you market your property to sec 8 applicants and general public as well. Denton county sec 8 for landlords link is
If you have any questions or would like to find out how I can give your property a lot more exposure call me at 972-489-4050
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Nov 23, 2010
Regina is correct. Additionally, more often than not, HUD or the county will require the property to be inspected before it's added to the list.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Nov 19, 2010
Hello Juan did you get your question answered? I can supply you with a list.
Email me if you have any other questions.
Laurie Kash
Legacy Premier Group
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 18, 2010
You need to contact the housing authority obtain all the rules and regulations WHICH also includes for your attend a seminar .

Section 8 housing as referenced in other comment requires housing inspection by the city. All items MUST BE REPAIRED on their list THEN they return confirm you did all required for any family move in.
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 18, 2010
The client has to select the home. It has to be in good condition and the authority will inspect it before move in. In Lewisville you also need to get a city inspection. So in your listing we'll want to put Section 8 accepted in big print if that is your target. You can also go to each housing authority and put your home on a list there that show you are willing to rent to section 8 program participant.

Is the house listed? Do you need help getting it rented?
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 18, 2010
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer