For Rent in Raleigh>Question Details

Hebba40, Other/Just Looking in Raleigh, NC

I'm looking for a home to rent by the owner themselves. Where can I find legitimate homeowners who are renting their homes to people on a mo.?

Asked by Hebba40, Raleigh, NC Sat Apr 9, 2011

basis?

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Raleigh

Answers

5
Tom Bohlmann’s answer
Asking about "legitimate Homeowners" should also ask about "legitimate tenants" in the same sentence. Turnabout is fair

Into days "challenging" climates just about all owners will run a credit, criminal and employment background checks on prospective tenants.

Yes Craigs list is filled with scammers. If the offer is too good to be true, be carful. Also if the ad says for everyone to meet in this house driveway, to fill in this rental application and give us a check, or go to this web site fill in your rental application and deposit, most likely it is a scam too.

So using rental agency or a Realtor is really the safest choice for "legitimate" rentals

Good Luck
you are missing my point entirely, yes this goes both ways, I know that this is something that has to be done, but what I am running across is when going on the internet I have found that they only send you homes from 1987 and up. come on would you rent a home that old and the prices are outrages. Not every one want to rent a home and when they get tired of that home move again. Some of us would like to get into a nice comfortable home and stay some of us are elderly and have gotten to the place where they want to settle in. Thank You
Flag Fri Mar 13, 2015
Sometimes on Craigslist, though there are plenty of scammers there, too. But it's pretty easy to separate the scammers from the legitimate owners if you just take the time. For instance, if you're interested in a property, never ever send a money order (or check) to anyone sight unseen. Take a look at the property. When you're looking at the property, ask to see the "owner's" identification. Verify that the person there is who he/she says it is. Prior to doing this, check the tax records (usually online) to verify ownership. Thus, you'll at least know that the person who is showing you the house owns the house (unless the ID is forged--but most won't go to those lengths.)

You can also drive through communities and look for rental signs. Some will be from Realtors, but others (look for signs you can buy at Lowes or Home Depot) will be for rent by the owner.

Also, look in your local supermarket and other places where there are bulletin boards. Lots of owners will put up "For Rent" flyers there.

There are plenty of other ways, too. But those should do for starters.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 9, 2011
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Burke, VA
Good morning,

Have you considered hiring a Real Estate Agent for Assistance? If not, you may call at anytime 919-601-4943 or e-mail me at FallB@hpw.com. I have the resources, knowledge, and know now in meeting your real estate needs and wants. Thanks for the opportunity in advance.

Best Wishes
Web Reference: http://www.hpw.com
Sorry, friend, you've not given enough information. I can tell you of people who are renting their homes in East and Southeast Raleigh on a month-month basis, with only a criminal background check. Some have a person who collects the rent, but leaves the greater burden on the homeowner with regards to overseeing repair, etc.

Then, there are others in North Raleigh as well. Some homeowners cannot afford to pay a property manager, thus they handle the property themselves. But there's no one source to direct you to. Are you looking for a single person or a family? On or off local transportation? For how long?
Depending on where you are looking, I might have a possibility for you. I just sold a client a home and they want to rent their current home out. They are asking $1300/mo. and it is a 1470 square feet with 4 bedrooms and a single car garage. If this works for you, I can give you more information.