there is any web-site rental homes by owner?

Asked by Lourdes, Austin, TX Mon Mar 16, 2009

I need to rent a place but I don't have good credit I can work to pay my rent .Do you think that I can qualify?
I need a house or townhouse 1100 3-2br.
thanks

Answers

5
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Mar 22, 2009
Dear Lourdes,
I agree CraigsList may be the only place to search for individual rentals from owners. The thing is many Realtors will post homes or condos on CraigsList to fish for clients. The tactic I have seen most is to post a great apartment with a low rental rate. The trick is the apartment may be available at that rate only if you sign a one or sometimes two year lease. The key is, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is... Good luck!
Jen and Mark…, Agent, Holmes Beach, FL
Tue Mar 17, 2009
I also suggest you try Craigslist for rentals. Be careful of scammers and verify that the person you are working with is actually the owner or a representative of the owner before you hand over any money. You can check the county's tax records to find out who the owner is. Best wishes!
Web Reference:  http://www.JenBowman.com
George Kiefer, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Mar 17, 2009
I do know of one townhome community that does accept challenged credit (and large dogs as well). They are 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 1 car garage units (around 1100 square feet). As long as they can verify employment; they will usually work with you. Feel free to contact me today and I will check availability for you.
Josh Thomas, , Austin, TX
Mon Mar 16, 2009
Lourdes,
It is tough to get a lease in your situation, but not impossible. These days, most owners are deferring their rentals to property management companies in order to insulate themselves from irresponsible renters. When you rent a home directly from the owner, you run the risk of getting ripped off yourself, as they are often unfamiliar with the complex laws of real estate and tenants rights.

The best way to qualify with bad credit involves coming up with additional security deposit and a little luck finding a sympathetic owner or management company.

Having extensive experience with home rentals, I can tell you that even individual owners are checking references and credit. You can find people who will work with you, but you must be patient and diligent.

Mikem, , 01803
Mon Mar 16, 2009
Craiglist has a lot of rentals by owner, check it out.