should we hire a realtor to find us a rental property to rent?

Asked by Skyemberr King, Poway, CA Mon Jul 18, 2011

we want to rent a house. should we hire a realtor for that?

Answers

10
Cory La Scala, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Jul 18, 2011
Hi there,

As you read, it doesn't cost you anything to use a Realtor, so it won't hurt to use one, or at least have one on hand for questions. Craigslist is widely used by property managers here in San Diego County, but also for property owners. You can call a Realtor to verify an owner's name for example, before any money changes hands. If an advertiser cannot physically show you a home, or they're advertising from out of state and want you to wire them the deposit and first month's rent for the keys, that's a red flag.

Please let me know if you'd like any help ar all.

Warm Regards,
Cory
Don Maclary, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Mon Jul 18, 2011
In most cases realtor fees are not paid by the renter, so by all means make use of the service.
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Mon Jul 18, 2011
It's always in your best interest to be professionally represented whether you're buying or renting. We'd be happy to help you.
Cory La Scala, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Jul 18, 2011
Hi there,

Warm Regards,
Cory
Sinead McAll…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Mon Jul 18, 2011
Hi Skyemberr,
I help clients find rentals all the time. I use the MLS to find rentals, but always advise my clients to continue to look on Craigslist, etc.
As previously stated, it doesn't cost you anything, so if you need help, let me know :)

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
Broker/Owner
McAllister Homes Real Estate
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Mon Jul 18, 2011
Absolutely.
Contact a local agent....it's free!
Web Reference:  http://www.321property.com
Jim Olive, Agent, Key West, FL
Mon Oct 8, 2012
It depends on the market. In some markets there are more houses in the classifieds for rent than in the scrolls of the real estate agents. In other markets, the opposite is true. But the people who will know that best are the local rental agents, so it's a good place to start...
Itsmebert, Home Buyer, Lakeside, CA
Mon Oct 8, 2012
PS, YES! sometimes its free but there are Companies who Charge a fee.

If you use a Realtor or Real Estate Agent, they will add you to their client base, which is fine too.
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Mon Oct 8, 2012
Here in New Jersey tenants DO pay the realtors' fee a good deal of the time and they STILL hire realtors to help them find the a rental home. I have had my tenant clients tell me they find they get a better quality landlord when they use a realtor. I have had landlords say the same thing about tenants. The bottom line is, an awful lot of people don't have time to do the leg work these days and they are happy to pay a realtor to help them. And, if you are lucky enough to live in an area where the landlord typically pays the realtors' fee on rentals, then it's a no brainer, free is good, right? So why not have a professional on your side!
Itsmebert, Home Buyer, Lakeside, CA
Mon Oct 8, 2012
No, you can look here, or Craigslist & SD Union Trib- & do the leg work yourself.
Realty Companies sometimes have a Property Manager, but why pay someone to do what you yourself can do for free. Your still going to need to look for yourself. They will just give you a list.
I know I myself get a ton of calls from people just like you who have gone to someone, & they call on one of our Properties & it was rented 3 or even 4 weeks prior to the call. Not Good wasted time.
Our Website is TR-PROP.com
Town & Ranch Realty & Property Management.
619-562-9336