For Rent in 48036>Question Details

Genise S Ste…, Renter in Roseville, MI

rent for people with bad credit

Asked by Genise S Steward, Roseville, MI Tue Mar 8, 2011

i want to rent aparment but my credit bad

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 48036

Answers

9
I am moving in a few weeks. I need to find a home quickly but my credit is bad an I have 2 evictions, what should I do and where should I look?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 25, 2016
You are in a very hard position when it comes to renting from a conventional apartment complex. We suggest that you search for private renter who may be willing to work with you depending on your situation. He/she may require a higher deposit
Flag Tue Sep 27, 2016
Flag Tue Sep 27, 2016
i want to rent but my credit is bad. what should i do.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 7, 2016
My boyfriend and I want to live together. We are looking to rent a house in Aurora, Illinois. Our credit is not that best. But we are both renting condos now and I have lived in my for 6 years and he has lived in his for four years. I am working and he has his own limo business which he has had for over 10 years. Who should we contact in finding a house with us both having bad credit. Need Help.
You are in a great place to have that problem. There is an excess of vacant and abandoned homes in the state of Michigan. It is so bad that the state has started to demolish homes in some areas. I do not believe this should be a major issue. Try to stay away from property managers and apartment complexes because they will request a background check. Check your local paper to locate landlords who needs to rent and possibly live outside the area. Avoid any ads that advertise with the lines, "bad credit, no credit, ez credit ok". These are normally scams. Also, since Michigan has a high foreclosure rate I would verify the apartment is not in foreclosure before you sign the lease or agree to anything. You can easily verify if the property you plan to rent or rent is not in foreclosure here, http://www.foreclosurecourt.org/find-out-if-your-home-is-in-…

Good Luvk
If I were in your shoes, I would call local apartment complexes. Let them know your situation and if they don't think it'll be a problem, go see the place!
The best thing that you can do is be upfront with whomever you are dealing with. Unfortunately, some landlords will not rent to those with low credit scores. Don't waste their time or yours. If you have someone who might co-sign on the lease with you, that might work. You can also offer a larger deposit or pay for the first 3 months at the beginning of the lease. All of these show your willingness to pay.

Apartments and property owners are aware tenants may have poor credit . Your deposits could be higher best be upfront about issues PRIOR to paying for app fees.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
There are landlords and management company that will not be concerned as much with credit as they will with confirming you have a job, can pay the rent and can provide a good rental reference from your current landlord. Myself would be very cautious uising craigslist or similar online postings as there are alot of scams, be careful renting anything online.

Please see my blog on rental scam warnings
Good Morning Genise;
Check some of the properties on Craig's List or the local papers. Credit checks for properties not listed on the MLS may not be as stringent.
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com