Question removed

Asked by donmenfis, Long Beach, CA Tue Feb 5, 2013

This question was removed by Trulia moderators.

Answers

3
Paige Finger…, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Tue Feb 5, 2013
Hi Don!

Welcome to Long Beach! The lease option mentioned below is not a bad idea. And, it will also just take some work sitting down with a mortgage broker (I'm always happy to refer you to a few trusted ones) to help you figure out the best financial plan (& timeline) for you and your family.

There are a number of wonderful neighborhoods in Long Beach... Park Estates, Los Altos, Belmont Heights & Shore, Bixby Knolls, etc. are a few of my favorites

If you'd like further info or help with your home buying goals, please feel free to contact me - 213-434-4476 mobile. I was born & raised here and can help direct you in terms of neighborhood, style, schools, etc. ... along w/ my vast team of professionals to help you with the mortgage & credit!

Paige
Scott Kato, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Tue Feb 5, 2013
Search all 3 bedrooms downtown at http://www.katogroup.com. If you find something you like we have lenders that will work with lower credit scores. If you send me a message from my site I'll put you in touch with them.
Dana Johnson, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Tue Feb 5, 2013
donmenfis -

Getting a loan with bad credit is not impossible, but it will require a sacrifice of some sort. You will either be asked to put a lot of money down, be charged a higher than normal interest rate, or both. Depending on how bad your credit is, you may not be able to qualify for a loan at all.

If you really want to purchase a home, have enough for a down payment and have a job with regular income, one solution may be for you to do a lease with an option to buy. You would basically be living in the place you are eventually going to buy, while allowing yourself time to repair your credit. Once your credit is good enough to purchase the house, you then exercise your option and purchase the home at the original negotiated price.

If you would like to learn more about this, or discuss your options, feel free to give me a call.

Dana Johnson
Broker Associate
Boardwalk Properties Inc.
Long Beach, CA
562-728-3233
dana@boardwalkpropertiesinc.com