how do i know if the place i'm renting is going through foreclosure?

Asked by Lefty, San Jose, CA Sat May 5, 2012

Answers

4
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Sat Jul 14, 2012
Call your county clerk. If foreclosure proceedings have been begun something should be on file with the county clerk. This is the ONLY really reliable source of information since people may go into foreclosure and then bring the loan up to date, or get the mortgage modified, thus cancelling the foreclosure proceeding. And all this is public information so the government officials have to share it with you. It's how all these other websites, Realty Trac, etc, get their information.
Stevenl, Home Buyer, San Jose, CA
Sat Jul 14, 2012
go to redfin.com and type in the address
Jim Guido, Agent, Santa Clara, CA
Sun May 6, 2012
Hi Lefty,

I you would like you could give me the address and I can do a quick check thru my title company for you.

Jim Guido,

Realty World/Blue Property Group
Email: jim@jimguidorealtor.com
Website: http://www.jimguidorealtor.com
DRE# 00700635
James Mauldw…, Agent, Saratoga, CA
Sat May 5, 2012
If the home gets foreclosed on, eventually an agent will come to you with a cash for keys offer to get out. Or in the time between then and now you could employ the help of a title company and possibly a real event to do some homework for you.

Jim Mauldwin
Intero Resl Estste
407-863-3020