With so many condos for sale around the capital, do the sellers ever consider renting them out?

Asked by Tom, Wisconsin Fri Feb 20, 2009

I would like to rent a condo close to the capital. How do I find out about any availabilities? I've tried Craigslist, but it is quite limited.

Answers

4
Mike Adler, Agent, Madison, WI
Sat Feb 21, 2009
It really depends on whether the condo association allows rental of the unit. In many situations with Condo's, the association will not allow the renting of a unit. If you need further information on any association, please call me at 235-5115. I can make the calls to the associations for you.

Mike Adler
Donna Hermsen…, Agent, Madison, WI
Sat Feb 21, 2009
Tom,
Yes, some Sellers do consider renting out their condo if their association allows it. Since most are listed with real estate agents your best bet would be to go through an agent to find out which sellers would consider renting. Do you have a specific condo you are interested in or are you open to any downtown?
Donna Hermsen & Dan O'Brien
Brad Koenig, Agent, Brookfield, WI
Fri Feb 20, 2009
Some condo associations dont allow properties to be rented. Others allow rentals but only for 6 months. So it really depends on the association and the seller
Mark Gladue, Agent, Madison, WI
Fri Feb 20, 2009
Tom,

Capitol West is actually renting out quite a few condos at 309 W Washington. Also, if you contact brokers who have condos listed in the downtown area, many sellers are considering the option to rent. Here is a link to the Capitol West apartments; http://www.capitolwestapts.com/. Please give me a call at 239-5593 if you are interested in any other possibilities downtown. Thanks-Mark