Where is the best place to rent horse property in the Austin, Tx Area, we are thinking of relocating?

Asked by Heather21, Austin, TX Wed Jun 17, 2009

Answers

4
Betina Forem…, Agent, Austin, TX
Thu Jun 18, 2009
I was just in an amazing property yesterday that has over five acres of grassey land with trees. the neighborhood allows horses and it is about 20-30 minutes from downtown. The home is a one story custom with an open floorplan with many upgrades: granite counters, Travertine floors, three 1/2 car garage, pool, pool cabana and several large covered porches. I would be happy to send you photos and details of this loveley home if your interested.

Betina Foreman, Realtor
1801 S. MOPAC, Suite 100
Austin, TX 78746
512-771-6318
Web Reference:  http://www.BetinaForeman.com
Jeffrey Schn…, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Jun 17, 2009
Heather,

That depends on the type of horses. Are you talking about riding horses, or work horses? Do you want to be near other people with horses, or does that not matter? Have you considered bording at one of the many stables around Austin and buying a home close by?

The land to the West of IH35 is very rocky, not always good for horses, but there are some old pastures that can serve very well. East of IH35 is old sea bed and there is a lot of topsoil in many places, much less rocky.

But just looking for horse property to rent could get you into a part of town that doesn't meet your other needs. If you have additional requirements, post them to this question, or check out my profile and see if my services might be a good fit.

Jeffrey
512-913-7480
Jason Herten…, , Champaign, IL
Wed Jun 17, 2009
You should also check out Cazoodle Apartment Search. They over 8,000 rentals listed in Austin. Use the map to find the rural areas and start to search for that perfect place.
George Kiefer, Agent, Austin, TX
Wed Jun 17, 2009
We have many areas in and around Austin that allow horses. Email me when you have time and I would be happy to email you back a list of rental homes that allow horses (with color photos and full addresses). I just scanned our system and there are currently 19 rental homes available in our area that allow horses.
Hi George, I found this on trulia and I am trying to find an area that would be close to Pfluggerville and Steiner Ranch that would accommodate 2 horses. We also have 3 dogs-2 small, 1 med and there are only 2 adults. By any chance do you have anything that would be accommodating to this.
Flag Fri Nov 7, 2014