Joe, Both Buyer and Seller in Appleton, WI

When does my lease end?

Asked by Joe, Appleton, WI Thu Jan 5, 2012

I rented my condo month to month with a 45 day notice to vacate. On 12/12 they gave the 45 day notice, on 1/1 they sent the rent check and only paid through the 25th of the month. My question is am I not due the full months rent as it is a month to month agreement not day to day. Any advice would be great.

Answers

4
Susan Rahn, Agent, Fitchburg, WI
Fri Jan 6, 2012
You should read the details in your lease agreement. Most of the standard canned agreements state that they would owe your through the 45 days (which, in your case is the 25th). It's possible, however, that your agreement says that they would owe you to the 1st of the month following the 45 day notice so you should look at the details. If you need help with the agreement details you should consult a real estate attorney.
Nan Brennan, Agent, Appleton, WI
Thu Jan 5, 2012
Hi Joe,

Yes , from what you state, you are due the full rent up to the 45 day notice unless you are able to obtain another renter in that time period and you have a signed lease stating they must give a 45 day notice.
Nan Brennan
Century 21 First Realty
Web Reference:  http://www.nan-brennan.com
Laura Feghali, Agent, Stamford, CT
Thu Jan 5, 2012
Hello Joe,
Yes, check your lease as the rental terms are in it but it appears that your tenants saved you the trouble of having to refund them for the days in January that they will not be there since they gave you a 45 day notice.

The security deposit money or a portion of it should suffice for any repairs that may be needed after they vacate or can be used for rent if they extend their stay longer than what they should.

Why don't you contact them and discuss the situation?

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
Erica Ramus,…, Agent, Pottsville, PA
Thu Jan 5, 2012
Read your lease. It's in there!