What is the best way to locate rentals in the Santa Cruz area? I don't mind dealing with owners or property managers. Thanks!!!

Asked by Lucian, Santa Cruz, CA Sun Mar 13, 2011

I'm not too familiar with California as a resident as I've only visited and never lived. I hate the crowded "suburbia" lifestyle, as I've been in it for all my life. I travel a great deal and would love a small, quiet community to be able to unwind and relax when home, as I travel about 3 weeks per month.

Answers

6
Peter Atkins…, , 95062
Sun Mar 13, 2011
Craigslist is where you will find the most rentals and best property descriptions. Once and while there will be a scam, but these are usually easy ot spot because the asking rental amount is much lower than market rent. If you think you are being scammed, you can look up the owner of the property at the Santa Cruz County Recorder's website (just google it or ask a Realtor to do it for you). You should also buy the local newspaper (In Santa Cruz, its the Senitnal) because some property owners still don't use computers. However, the most volume and most complete descriptions of most rental property available is Craigslist.org. If you are still having trouble, call the property managers from the phone book.
Terry Ballan…, , 95003
Sun Mar 13, 2011
Hello, and welcome to Santa Cruz. It's a gem of a community!
I agree Craigslist is expedient, but it's full of scams and if you want a quality experience, I would go to a property manager. Honorable folks who care enough about their property and tenants to do things right use managers. Everyone's rights are protected and explained and you get a higher level of 'quiet enjoyment' in my mind. You can also walk the neighborhoods you like and talk with owner/landlords to see who you like and vice versa and find an opportunity on the ground.

I like http://www.portolarentals.com and Kathleen Richards.. She is a quality practitioner and will give you some help.

Feel free to call me if you need other info.

Terry Ballantyne
831 515 1101
Lonna Berry, Agent, Scotts Valley, CA
Sun Mar 13, 2011
Hi Lucian,

Millou is correct, craigslistist.ort the best way to find a rental. Most all of property managers and owners advertise in craigslist.org because it's free to advertise. If you would like to know more about different places in Ca, please feel free to give me a call or email me and I would be happy to help.

Warm Regards,

Lonna
http://www.lonnaberry.com
831-234-2911
lonnaberry@me.com
Bryan Myers, Agent, Santa Cruz, CA
Sun Mar 13, 2011
Craigslist is best, also the Santa Cruz Sentinel Website.

good luck!

Bryan Myers
Web Reference:  http://uhl.com
Curt Abramson, Agent, Santa Cruz, CA
Sun Mar 13, 2011
Try Craigslist.org, or rent.com/santa cruz.
Millou Rose, Agent, Scotts Valley, CA
Sun Mar 13, 2011
I use craigslist.com to advertise my rentals and to locate up to the minute info on available places for rent.

Millou Rose,
Bailey Properties