WHERE CAN I FIND A $400.00 SRO OR SINGLE ROOM APARTMENTS OR KITCHETTES FOR SINGLE MEN ON THE NORTH SIDE OF CHICAGO, IL?

Asked by Cheryl Kennedy, Chicago, IL Sun Dec 16, 2012

I CAN ONLY PAY $400.00 A MONTH.

Answers

19
Seth Captain’s answer
Seth Captain, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Dec 17, 2012
It's very encouraging to see a woman asking this question!

Great advice for finding SRO's, especially on the North Side of Chicago: Walk/drive/bike the main thoroughfares of Humboldt Park, and Uptown, and Edgewater, and even Lakeview, even near the Gold Coast. Whenever you see a suspicious looking building with people coming and going, the odds are higher than average that an SRO is inside.

Alternately, some 3 and 4 bedroom apartments, in multi-unit buildings, like your typical three flat, have North Side single professionals looking to rent a room out for near to your price, or your alter ego's. Craigslist has a entire section dedicated to it. Good luck!
Kengibbs77, Home Buyer, Chicago, IL
Thu Mar 16, 2017
53rd and Ashland in Chicago, il
Is that still available?
Flag Tue Mar 21, 2017
Carlmontgome…, Home Buyer, Chicago, IL
Wed Jan 25, 2017
Moving in from Houston I need a nice room around $400 a month on north side of Chicago or near suburbs by march.17 please leave information
You are going to have to find a roommate on craigslist or something like that. $400/month apartment doesn't exist.
Flag Thu Jan 26, 2017
Wswidders, Home Buyer, Chicago, IL
Thu Aug 4, 2016
Do u have cheap montly apt for 2 adults four $400,00 month
I am very interested in seeing how this works my name is shandrika Dixon in we is homeless at moment pls just give me a call back at this number 708_262_1566 thank u
Flag Tue May 16, 2017
Mariafaulkne…, Home Buyer, Chicago, IL
Fri Jun 17, 2016
I am 61yrs old in need of a wheelchair accessible kitchenette or room I am able to pay $400 a month needed by July 1 2016
Live2gmoney, Home Buyer, Oak Lawn, IL
Thu Apr 21, 2016
WHERE CAN I FIND A $400.00 SRO OR SINGLE ROOM APARTMENTS OR KITCHENETTES FOR SINGLE MEN IN OAK LAWN OR BRIDGE VIEW IL AREA?
bkwinwis, Renter, Chicago, IL
Mon Mar 9, 2015
currently have single rooms available starting at 120 weekly very clean must submit to background check have proof of income located at 13536 south Brandon ave in Chicago in Hegewisch neighborhood across the street from south shore train station
have a few cta and pace buses that serve the area as well and can be caught just across the street from the building
contact BRIAN at 1-773-646-2335
between the hours of 8:30 A.M. and 9:00 PM
tshewan21, Home Buyer, Aurora, IL
Mon Jan 5, 2015
where can i find a $300.00 SRO or single room apartments for Kitchettes for single men in Aurora IL or Naperville, IL or Bativia, IL. Where can I find a studio apartment for $400.00 in Aurora, IL or Naperville, IL or Bativia, IL
David Hanna, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sat Dec 21, 2013
Contact Dave Schonback, xdavidg@aol.com

He has SROs on the North side. They are clean, well run, and safe. He will not tolerate any bad behavior, drug use or criminal activity. If your cousin is serious about getting his life together, see if Dave can help. Otherwise, don't. He will be happier in jail in Ann Arbor than Cook county.
SRO,$400 a month
773-354-7353
Flag Fri Mar 17, 2017
Susie Kanalas, Home Buyer, Washington, PA
Fri Dec 20, 2013
my cusin from ann arbor mich. is currently on parole & is trying to transfer from mich . to chicago because he has family here & none in mich. he needs a place to live secured before that can happin , so whats his options if u know of any ??
Cpete2.cp, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Wed Dec 4, 2013
4917 N KENMORE 60647 ARAGON. HOTEL
Cpete2.cp, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Wed Dec 4, 2013
4917 n kenmore 60647 aragon hotel
andreballard…, Renter, Chicago, IL
Fri Aug 23, 2013
I need a single room to rent by the first of sept. I need help asas
David Hanna, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Dec 16, 2012
Price is not the only thing you look for in an SRO. You want a clean, well kept, safe and drug free place. All SROs are not the same.
The best SRO owner and operator I know is Dave Schoenback.

You can email him, David Schonback Realtor/broker, xdavidg@aol.com

Best of luck with this.
Im looking for a clean kitchenette for myself rent arounf 400.00 per month my name is Rose and I need it asap
Flag Wed Mar 8, 2017
i am in need of an apartment by the 6th of july 2016 the building i live in is facing foreclosure and I have to b out by july 9th I am on fixed income and cannot exceed 550. per month with utilities paid thank you I can b reached at 219-793-5215
Flag Mon Jun 27, 2016
Manuel Brown, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Dec 16, 2012
Hi Cheryl,

I don't know what the SRO Hotels are charging.

I found a link with a list that will be helpful. It is attached to this response. It also seems to show which SRO have rooms available currently.

Best of luck,

Manuel Brown, Broker
iMove Chicago
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Dec 16, 2012
I would check cragislist for this.
Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Dec 16, 2012
You might find some ads on craigslist or the Reader.
JIM Michaels, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Dec 16, 2012
Riccardo War…, Agent, Bolingbrook, IL
Sun Dec 16, 2012
I suggest you try chicago,Craigslist.org