Trying to sublease for summer near UCF. Any tips to help get someone into the apartment and me out of my lease?

Asked by Jamie Carl, Port Saint Lucie, FL Mon Mar 12, 2012

Answers

3
Bobby Brannan, Agent, Belle Isle, FL
Tue Apr 17, 2012
I have had the most luck attracting tenants with craigslist. I link a video tour like what you have to the craigslist listing and renew it about every 48 hrs/ as often as they let me. If I don't renew it the activity tends to drop off significantly after a few days.
Jamie Carl, Renter, Port Saint Lucie, FL
Mon Apr 16, 2012
More information: It's a room in a 4/4 at a student apartment complex off-campus. Even though the office calls it a sublease, it's actually an assumption of lease. I've already filled out all the paperwork for the sublease, I'm just looking for a girl to come in and sign the contract . I'm offering an incentive, but I still haven't had any firm offers, despite posting the listing here, on hotpads (which is synced to zillow), and on craigslist, and having posted a video walkthrough on youtube. Are there any other steps I'm missing to attract interest in the apartment?
Mike Sullivan, Agent, Gainesville, FL
Sun Apr 15, 2012
First step would be to examine your lease...you may not have the option to sublease the apartment. I would also check with the landlord....what constitutes an acceptable tenant in your mind might not match up with what their opinion of an acceptable tenant would be....