TRYING TO RENT A HOUSE THAT IS ALSO FOR SALE!

Asked by russ75, Kemah, TX Wed Jun 20, 2012

I'm trying to rent a vacant house that is currently on the market for sale. Hoping for a 3 month or maybe month to month type lease. Nobody seems to be interested because its for sale. Is there another way to approach this or just keep trying to find someone that will accept short term lease and allow showings also with some notice?

Answers

2
Melinda P, Renter, Seattle, WA
Mon Jun 8, 2015
I'm looking for a house to rent for short term. I am considering relocating to Kemah,(Houston area) but I want to take my time choosing the area I want to live in. Meantime I need a home to stay in.
Give me details of your place and I'll see if it will work for my family.
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Wed Jun 20, 2012
Yes, this is difficult to do.
Probably not in the seller's interest.

Spring and Summer are normally the hot selling months, so difficult to sell with you in it.
Then you give it back in the Fall when sells are slower.

If you have really nice furniture...and keep your house and yard immaculately clean, you might google mansion minders, home minders or something like that to see if they have a location in your area that has home tenders in homes while they are on the market. Normally you pay bills only or bills plus a small amount.
Sorry for the mis-understanding. I am the owner trying to sell the house. I'm also trying to rent it out short term rather than let it sit vacant.. The broker says keep the lease term short, no more than 3 months. Easier said than done. Thanks for any ideas.
Flag Wed Jun 20, 2012