Rent to own homes

Asked by Shannonn85, Rocky Hill, CT Wed Jul 11, 2012

Is this an option that could be brought to the sellers attention if they are having trouble selling and the house has been on the market for a long time?

Answers

3
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Jul 12, 2012
Keep in mind that rent to own can be risky and one could stand to lose a bit of money; therefore do inform yourself well. Rather, if you haven't done so yet, visit with any licensed loan officer, see if you can buy outright......
Sarah Ashton, Agent, Farmington, CT
Thu Jul 12, 2012
This solution is probably rare. It would depend greatly on the sellers financial situation and how long they had been trying to sell. Every sellers situation is unique. I had a woman call me about one of my listings asking if the sellers could finance her purchase. This would only be an option if the sellers don't need the equity in their house to move on.
Lisa Giller, Agent, Rocky Hill, CT
Wed Jul 11, 2012
I see you picked up on that thought from your earlier thread. In my experience, the sellers are overwhelmgly wanting to sell. It would be rare. The answer I gave you in the earlier thread is the best one, believe me.

Lisa
860-221-8971
Lisa@LisaGiller.com