Relocated from PA to Orlando/Maitland area. looking to move Aug1st. Should we get a relator to help us find a new place or look ourselves?

Asked by Smjohnson1217, 32810 Wed Jun 26, 2013

Answers

3
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Wed Jun 26, 2013
Chris makes a few excellent points.
Without a REALTOR (r) you will not have access to the Mulitple Listing Service.
A recent study completed by a west coast company revealed that 30% of homes shown for sale on aggregate real estate websites like Trulia and Zillow were not longer available. Further the study shows that homes appearing on these sites can lag their appearance on the MLS or professional websites by as much as seven (7) days.
-
Just 90 minutes ago, I handed a purchase contract to a listing agent as she was hanging her sign on the post. "First Look" opportunities are only available through paticipationg real estate professionals.
-
Others have stated they were successful buying homes without professional representation. And they are correct. They however, saw a small segment of the homes for sale.
-
Finally, in a highly competive real estate market like Orlando, you would be well advised to structure your purchase offer to show the greatest strength possible, in several deminsions. The real estate professional representing you will know what obstacles exist and the best way to present YOUR solution.

Oh, and most certainly I DO HAVE A DOG IN THE HUNT, but not in Orlando.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://FirstLookHomes.us
Chris Brown, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Orlando, FL
Wed Jun 26, 2013
Hiring a professional is a great plan - looking online can have you get excited about homes that are no longer on the market and can be disheartening. Having a Realtor that would rank a 9 or higher on a scale of 1-10 is a huge win [though not easy to find.]

I do not do real estate so I have no 'dog in that hunt' and if you would like an introduction I am glad to help.

Welcome to Orlando. =0)
Deanna Crawf…, Agent, Altamonte Springs, FL
Wed Jun 26, 2013
Working with a Realtor will help to streamline your search and help to avoid some frustration. An agent that listens to all your needs and wish list will find a home far faster than searching on your own. Agents that go the extra step can guide you for loan assistance, insurance, inspections, and home warranty. Make sure you take time to select the right one for you! Feel free to reach out if I can help more. http://www.HouseToHomeDreams.com.