Need some help looking for horse property in Texas; Where should I start looking?

Asked by gwens1994, Texas Tue Oct 2, 2012

In about a year my boyfriend I would like to move to Texas, preferably along the coast somewhere, or within an hour drive. I need room for a horse and a dog to run. An acre or two would be MORE than enough for both of my animals. I would like to be within an hour or hour and a half of a Costco and a feed store. We are both fresh out of college so we need something under 800/month if possiable. What city/cities chould I start looking at?

Answers

5
N. Roxanne S…, Agent, Friendswood, TX
Tue Oct 2, 2012

I am currently working with some land in Houston, TX with horse stables, however, $800 a month is going to be a little tough to find. Feel free to give me a call when you get closer to your moving date.
Bobbie Wagner…, Agent, Conroe, TX
Tue Oct 2, 2012
Gwen, there are plenty of properties near Houston that allow horses and near Costco - my daughter's favorite store. Being located in the Houston suburbs, of course, you would be within one hour of Galveston, two hours of Louisiana, and just hours from the Texas hill country. Northeast of Houston, you would also be near Lake Houston. Please let me know if I may assist you further. My number is 713-530-4098.
gwens1994, , Texas
Tue Oct 2, 2012
Thank You Bobbie Wagner Persky I will have to contact you when I am closser to moving down there. Sounds like Houston area might be the way to go :) Thank You!
I look forward to assisting you!
Flag Wed Oct 3, 2012
Doc & Ellen…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Tue Oct 2, 2012
Hi, Gwen,

There are Costco location in San Antonio and Pharr, TX. Pharr is in the Rio Grande Valley (South Texas - near Mexico) and is about an hour away from the coast. San Antonio is about a 2 1/2 hour drive from the coast. There are numerous horse properties throughout the San Antonio area and the Valley.

Try our website at http://www.ElegantTexasHomes.com and do your own search in the Greater San Antonio area. If you want an introduction to a great agent in the Valley, contact us.

Doc Stephens, REALTOR
Web Reference:  http://ElegantTexasHomes.com
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Tue Oct 2, 2012
I have never had a Costco as criteria for finding a house. You can start looking online since you are a year away there won't be many properties still around when you get serious enough to be working with a Realtor. Start looking fro areas and keep an eye open for an agent to work with when you do get serious. Of course, speak with a lender before getting serious and it would not be a bad idea to speak with one now just to make sure you under stand the process.

Tim