For Rent in Austin>Question Details

Julie, Real Estate Pro in Austin, TX

Need listing agent to put house for rent on Market in NW Austin

Asked by Julie, Austin, TX Fri Oct 28, 2011

I have a rental house in NW Austin in Walnut crossing subdivision. House will be availabe end of Nov.
The house is in very good condition with recent roof,flooring,paint etc.
I need to find an listing agen who has a lot of rental property experience to represent me. I'd like to put the house for rent while the tenant still lives there. Please email me your background, what you'll do as a listing agent and how much you will charge. I have other rental properties and I'd like to find a good realtor for long term relationship.

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in Austin

Honestly I do all the basics, what puts me ahead of most is I always answer my phone 9 to 9, 7 days a week. I use a MLS lock box so only agents can access the property "not a combo lock box". I charge 30 percent if I bring in the renter and 60 percent of one months rent if another agent brings the client in. I use National Tenant Network to run my back ground checks looking at everything from credit, criminal and rental history. I work with Coldwell Banker United in Round Rock and deal with properties all across central Texas. Feel free to call me if you have any other questions.

Jeff Kleinman
Coldwell Banker United REALTOR
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 29, 2011
Hi Julie,
I've owned and managed rentals in Austin for over 22 years. I have a history of leasing my properties quickly and with quality long term tenants. I am also a realtor and have helped other landlords list/lease their properties. Call me, I'd love to share my practices with you. Even if you have already chosen a realtor to list your rental, I'll still talk with you and share my experiences with you.
Debbie Kirtland
Hi Julie,

I have loads of rental experience from being a landlord (8 years now) to being a leasing agent (on both sides) to co-owning my own property management company (my partner's name is also Julie). When I first became an agent, I did over $130,000 in rental transactions in only eight months so I am confident in saying I know leases very well.

In my management experience, I have dealt with very difficult tenants so that doens't bother me at all. In fact, I almost enjoy it.

If you have several properties, we will discount our services to you as a way of showing appreciation for giving us multiple properties. We have a very hands-on management style and are always willing to go the extra mile to accomodate our owners and tenants. Between the two of us we have over 16 years experience managing properties.

I tried to find an email here to give you pricing but was unable to find your email. So as to not give out our pricing online, please feel free to contact me at your convenience. My contact details are below. Thank you very much for your consideration and I hope to hear from you.

Angele Moyseos
VOX Real Estate LLC
Pink Mimosa Properties LLC
mobile 512.466.8252
fax 888.692.0213

Referrals are the highest compliment. If you know someone who needs assistance buying, selling or leasing real estate, please remember us.

We would be happy to throw our hat in the ring. My wife Twila and I partner with Blue Crown Properties - we list and market, they manage the property. You may email me ( or call me (512-739-0457). You can reach Danny Hardeman of Blue Crown Properties at danny@bluecrownproperties or 512-537-4770. Good luck in your search for the right fit.

Peace in your home,

Doug Vogelsass
Hi, Julie.
I am not interested in the rental listings, only to share advice.

You'll find that the MLS will do 99% of the marketing work in the current market. Austin area rentals are hot. If the home is in good condition, it should be a relatively easy process. Rather than focus on marketing (as much as folks share they have something unique, it's highly unlikely), look for solid references - who's easy to work with, who is an asset screening tenant candidates and who works hard. When I sought help with my rentals (rarer now), this is what I used successfully.

Apparently, you have many answers already. I own two rental properties in the Round Rock area and own a home in NW Austin.

I would be happy to discuss price per square footage in your area (rental prices) and also recommend price adjustments for upgrades. I can beat any broker/agent offer.

Best of luck to you!

Nanci Zimmerman, Broker

I don't have a team, I work on my own and I do a great job. I respond to messages and don't have a team member do it for me. I not only have extensive leasing experience, but am a landlord (landlady rather) myself, so I have hands-on experience not just for listing properties, but doing the background checks, the lease agreements, pet agreements and everything else involved. I don't charge an arm and a leg either, I have a flexible fee and if you are interested, contact me to discuss.

Hi Julie
I specialize working with investors. Finding them below market properties in North & Central Austin. We always rent properties out while there is a tenant in there. I would love to sit down with you to show you how can I make you money with lease and how I get great deals from my clients in their next RE Investment purchase. I be glad to put you in touch with couple of my clients to hear about their experience with working with me.
Look forward to hear from you.

Moe Paknia
Certified REO & HUD Specialist
fax: 512-646-7432
Great for you to throw this out there. There are many qualified experienced agents available. My experience leasing properties goes back years. The advantage of having it listed with an agent is that it will be shown by agents that know how to prequalify potential tenants and have systems in place to do background checks. Those landlords that lease the property themselves by adds on Craig's List or other means waste alot of time with unqualified prospects. Commissions to lease are normally 60% of one month's rent (30% to the listing agent and 30% to the leasing agent). I am a broker (not just an agent) and handle all of my listings personally. I would appreciate an opportunity to meet in person to explain how I market and represent my clients.

Tom Hess
Real Estate Broker/PLR
Certified Eco Broker
Cell: (512) 567-8522
Hello Julie,

My team would be happy to assist you. Besides helping you determine the optimal rent based on your location and amenities I feel the most important aspect of representation is to ensure that your interests are protected as a landlord and investor. There are many ways to craft a lease agreement to minimize your inconvenience and maximize your ROI.

If you are managing the property yourself the last thing you want to be is bothered by every little detail. We can help you construct the lease agreement that allows you the maximum freedom while at the same time not having to worry about all of the little details. All this can be done while protecting your interests and property.

I am a Realtor and an investor. I own 6 rental properties in Austin, Cedar Park and Georgetown. I know how to create wealth with Real Estate and how to protect my clients best interests. If you would like to discuss this further please give me a call.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
HI Julie-
First of all, you are very smart for having representation, and for making the decision to invest in one of the healthiest markets in the US. The leasing market in Austin has a mind of its own. Last year, I completed over 80 lease transactions and was the #1 Leasing Agent in my company, JBGoodwin Realtors. I would love to have the opportunity to sit down with you and explain how we market your property and maximize your ROI. Many of my landlord clients have been very fortunate to get top dollar for their income property. I have a full report and presentation on what tasks and marketing I do. Should you seek references please read my Yelp page, and Linked in. I look forward to hearing from you.

Cynthia Mattiza,REALTOR®
#1 Leasing Agent in Company
Top 20 Agents in Company
512-940-5293 direct

Linked In:…
Hi Julie,
I'd love to help you with your rental property. Leasing and property management is a very specialized sub-segment of the real estate industry. I am a licensed broker and specialize in working with investors. I manage single family homes, duplexes, and condos throughout the Austin area. Please contact me at your convenience and we can discuss my services and rates in more detail.

Tim Hendricks
Hendricks Real Estate
Web Reference:
Helping Landlords, (I am one too), get top dollar for their rental properties makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Please check out my Facebook Business Page below and check out my profile to see what kind of photos and coverage you will get. Rather than share my Marketing with every agent online, please give me a call and I'm more than happy to discuss. I'm still at the office now, so please, dial away.

Best, Charles
Hi Julie,

I'd like the opportunity to earn your business. My process is very similar to listing a home for sale. I'm not inclined to give away my secrets to my competitors, but I can put you in contact with current clients who I have rental listings with. I think you'll find my process is an order of magnitude better than most.

Check out my profile for more info.

Hi Julie,

My partner and I would love the opportunity to work with you. We have represented many landlords in leasing their properties and have a list of testimonials that you can contact regarding our services. You can email me at or call me at 512-695-5144. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kristee Leonard, Broker
The Leaders Realty, LLC
512-695-5144 Cell