For Rent in 90402>Question Details

Christina, Renter in Santa Monica, CA

Nearly all of the houses that have come to me recently are scams. I suggest that you somehow filter these as I am guessing that like myself, others wi

Asked by Christina, Santa Monica, CA Mon Nov 12, 2012

stop using your site. This could cost you your entire business. I dont know if there is a way that you can tell what is coming in is a fraud but price is one.
There are no homes north of montana ave in santa monica for under 4500$ a month rent.

0 votes Share Flag For Rent in 90402

Elizabeth Salinas Kelley’s answer
Hi Christina,

One of the ways to avoid the frustration of dis disciphering legitimate from fraud is to hire a professional like myself to provide you with accurate information and guide you through the rental process North of Montana. If you don't have a professional you are working with, feel free to contact me.

Elizabeth Sorgen
Unfortunately there is really no way Trulia can tell which properties for rent are scams or not, unless ALL websites that are as popular as Trulia just do not allow Rental listings to even be posted, UNLESS they are in the MLS being represented by a Realtor or Property Manager.

I strongly advise you to use caution & to read my 2 blog postings here on Trulia about Rental Scams, called "RED FLAGS - RENTAL SCAMS - PUBLIC BEWARE" by clicking on my profile. It's a bit long, but I basically pretended I was an interested renter & the response I got, I posted, this is a typical response from a landlord scammer.

Shoot me an email so we can talk about this some more, I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for answers after mine.

Emily S. Knell
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Realty ONE Group
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 12, 2012
I understand your frustration.Many Realtors do work with clients on leases and one who works in your area would be the best source for information on listings are accurate and suitable. There is no charge for this service (to you) so it's in your best interest to make a few calls and get started!
A local agent can search the MLS and find you legitimate rental. It's far more difficult to get scams on the MLS and there is no fee to you for an agent to assist.
you should never take ANY information you find in the internet as accurate... anyone can post anything and anywhere... is no different than a swapmeet...

Do your own homework and verify the information... never give any money or private information to anyone you have not vetted.

Hello Christina ,
It seem like you are having problem finding a rental unit in Santa Monica . My name is Charles Irving
I am a realtor with Keller Williams Hollywood . I would be happy to provide leasing information on housing in the city of Santa Monica . Christian if you are serious please email me at and I will provide you with a results .

That really stinks. I post some of my rental listings on Craigslist and scammers swipe the photos and re-advertise them for a much lower price. It is so frustrating.

That said are you looking for a house to rent north of Montana? A client of mine lives in one and is moving out next month. It is super cute and I think it is priced really well for the area. It is not on the market so you probably haven't seen it.

If you would like more information, please let me know. You can reach me at

Kindest regards,
Hi Stacy
Yes. I am interested in learning more about this place. Please send info.
My email is
Thank YOU
Flag Tue Dec 18, 2012
Hi Stacy
My email is
Thank YOU
Flag Mon Nov 12, 2012