My agent tells me that she is not in control of when the listing of my house will appear on Trulia. I guess she is incompetent. How is it done?

Asked by nekrasova56, North Port, FL Tue Feb 5, 2013

Answers

6
Mack McCoy, Agent, Seattle, WA
Tue Feb 5, 2013
If you guess she is incompetent, and you've just started this journey with her . . . how do you think this is going to end up?
Nadine Mauro, Agent, Lake Worth, FL
Tue Feb 5, 2013

Ask your agent if the listing appears on your local MLS website. Ask for a copy of the listing so you can check it for errors and to add any pertinent data the agent may have missed.

If your house is not listed on Trulia by the time you have the conversation with your agent, ask them to enter themselves. You can even enter the listing of your own house.

I hope all goes well with the sale of your house.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Tue Feb 5, 2013
Your Realtor can enter it on Trulia if she has an account. When you do enter it, it says it may take up to 24 hours to be displayed, but usually it doesn't take that long. Sometimes if the Realtor is not the Broker, and the Broker claims the listing, then the Realtor has to check the box to get permission to also list the listings as their own. Then Trulia will send an email to the Broker asking for permission. That is what happens to me quite often.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
Green Lion Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
Christine Ho…, Agent, Surfside Beach, SC
Tue Feb 5, 2013
Nekrasova56,
Through the power of IDX you home should post withing no more then 24 hours. However your agent does have the power to upload the info manually. It may not be visible immediately but it will show. Some agents are not as tech savvy as others or they may not be as knowledgeable as others regarding the internet. It doesn't make them incompetent it just means she may not be aware. Trulia is a great tool for agents & they should capitalize off of the opportunities they have that are free as it costs us a great deal for advertising. Maybe if you advised her that there are alot of tools for free for her on Truila as well as other popular Real Estate sites, then she would be more proactive. There are over 500 sites that allow agents to post info. Good Luck!
Cordially,
Christine House
Christine@century21broadhurst.com
843-215-6831 Direct
609-339-0916 Mobile
Kevin Clouti…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Feb 5, 2013
In addition, it takes a day or two for Trulia to receive its MLS feed once the property is uploaded into the MLS.

Your agent needs to have Trulia find the MLS number attached to yout listing. This may take a day or two from insert date.
Kevin Clouti…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Feb 5, 2013
Listing appear within 15 minutes of being loaded into Trulia, at least mine do unless there is an uploading issue