Moving from Denver, CO to Austin.

Asked by Shaun.aitken, Fri Jul 5, 2013

In August, me and my wife are moving to Austin from Denver, CO. I'm preferebly looking for a 2 bedroom home (possibly a townhome) for rent around the western part of Austin for about $1200 or less a month that allows midsized dogs. Is this a realistic price for that area?

Answers

8
Claire McInt…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat Jul 6, 2013
i agree with Eric Hegwer. His advice is correct.
Best of Luck!
Eric Hegwr, Agent, Austin, TX
Sat Jul 6, 2013
Hi -

I work with JB Goodwin, and we help more people lease homes in Austin than any other agency.

I'm going to be honest - $1200 for a 2 bed in the western part of Austin isn't going to get you much.

You can find places, but you most likely will be disappointed.

The Northwest area, and surrounding towns like Cedar Park, Round Rock, Pflugerville, and Manor will have more options for you.

If you would like to see some different options, I can email some places to you. Let me know and I'll send them right over -

Eric
Eric@EricEstate.com
512-712-5842
Laura Rosales, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Hi Shaun,
Congratulations on your move! Yes, the price range you mentioned is realistic for a townhome, apartment or condo. A home in NW Austin may run a little higher up into the $1350 range.
I would be happy to answer any questions for you or set up a daily search that will send you listings as they become available. Rentals typically don't stay available for more than about 10 days right now. Best wishes and good luck on the move! Laura Rosales-Realtor 512-771-5334
Getintouchwithlaura@yahoo.com
Brenda Sours, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Jul 5, 2013
You might be able to find something in that price range but you'll need to be more specific about the area before I'm able to help you further. How many dogs do you have, and do you know their weight?

Just a little more information and I might be able to set up a search for you. Let me know how I can help.

Brenda Sours
512-914-6118
brendasours@realtyaustin.com
Beth Wood, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Shaun,

Let me help you find a place. Your search is going to largely depend on someone understanding your needs and also understanding the Austin area.

I think I can help you do this. Please give me a call so I can get a better understanding of your specifics and I can send you over Information on some places for you to consider.

This is absolutely a free service to you.

Beth Wood
512-761-5738
Web Reference:  http://Www.seebethsell.com
Lela Manning, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Hi Shaun,

That can be a challenge but if we stay on top of the market for your area, that is def possible. The leasing market in Austin moves lightning fast, so knowing your parameters would make finding the perfect place much easier.

I can show you what is available, just let me know a bit more on your time frame for move in, and a bit about what you and your wife are looking for in your new place, ie wood floors, W/D conn, covered parking.

Lela Manning
Realtor | Leasing Manager
cell: 512.981.5712 • email:lela@urban2realty.com
• Urban Squared Realty Midtown
• 2700 W Anderson Ln Ste 410 Austin TX 78757
• http://www.urbansquaredrealty.com
Ronald Culli…, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Hello Shaun,

It really depends upon what you mean by western part of Austin. The immediate western areas of Austin are generally much higher than that in rent, and the southwestern parts don't have many properties available at all. Northwest Austin has several though.

Feel free to conact me anytime to discuss what you're looking for and I'll find units which fit your criteria and send you a link to them so you can preview and begin to get an understanding of what is available.

Welcome to Austin!

Ron Cullinan
Avalar Austin
GRI, CRS, ABR, CLHMS, e-Pro
512-799-3239
austin_realtor@earthlink.net
http://www.austinonlinehomes.com
Carlos Arana, Agent, Austin, TX
Fri Jul 5, 2013
$1200 is in the lower end of the rental range for 2 bedrooms, but it really depends where exactly you are looking. It's possible and I'd be happy to help you if you'd like to discuss it further.

Carlos Arana
469.450.6514
Carlos.a.arana@gmail.com
http://www.AranaCapital.com